Night Shift LPN $63,000/year
Company: Damar Services, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:At Damar, our people are remarkable! Our staff are
dedicated to serving our clients to achieve remarkable results. We
are a diverse team of men and women with a wide range of skills and
experiences interested in careers that matter. We will provide you
the training to help you not only provide the best service to our
clients, but provide a place where you can fulfill your career
ambitions. With competitive benefits, a culture of compassion,
acceptance, innovation and fun, Damar Services offers you the
opportunity to do remarkable work!Do you have a passion for working
with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental
disabilities? Do you also happen to have a LPN license? Damar is
looking for a strong LPN, with a big heart. If this sounds like
you, apply today and be part of a remarkable organization dedicated
to helping vulnerable kids and adults with disabilities.Where will
I be located?The LPN will be assigned to a unit/units on our main
residential campus, located at 6067 Decatur Blvd, Indianapolis, IN
46241.Where would I work with clients?All clients receive these
services, and are conveniently located on our main residential
campus!What would I be doing?The Nurse will be responsible for the
delivery of medical and nursing services children and young adults
served in Damar's residential programs.What are the hours we are
hiring for currently?Overnight Shift: 7p-7aWeek 1:Sunday Monday
Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday SaturdayOff Off On On Off Off
OnWeek 2:Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday SaturdayOn
On Off Off On On OffSome of the ways we reward our remarkable
- Starting Salary: $63,000/year
- Receive world-class training of verbal intervention & physical
- Enjoy Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance options
- Pay for school with up to $3,000 a year in Tuition
- Save for your retirement with our 401(k) Plan
- Take care of loved ones through our Damar provided Life
Insurance and additional voluntary options
- Protect your income through Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Enjoy eligible holidays at home while getting paid with our
Paid Holiday plan
- Take paid time off for rest and relaxation with our PTO
planResponsibilities:Remarkable way you will be making a
- Follow established health-related procedures and related
policies throughout all areas of Damar.
- Will adhere to all policies and procedures as defined in the
Employee Handbook and Damar Operational Policies and Procedures
- Collect and analyze the client's physical, psychological,
environmental, self-care, educational, and anticipated discharge
- Complete physical and provisional mental health assessments
- Administration of client immunizations, documentation and
- Administration of TB serum, documentation, and tracking.
- Administration and reconciliation of all medications, routine
and as needed.
- Ensure accurate preparation for administration for all routine
and as needed medication for client therapeutic family time visits
- Provide client and staff education, including infection control
practices, hygiene, medication side effects and actions, and
medication administration and compliance.
- Provide client diabetic care and education.
- Monitor clients following nursing unit policies and
- Communicate changes in client status (legal, psychiatric,
physical, medical) to the attending physician or nurse
- Communicate and obtain internal and external consents for
client medication orders as needed per the physician.
- Inform incoming shift of any changes/client needs to promote
continuity of care.
- Review client medical records for accuracy and ensure that the
nursing notes and all documentation clearly reflect current status
and client progress.
- Collect and document client data for Department of Child
- Comply with safety and security policies and procedures,
including those regarding accidents and injuries.
- Assist with physician assessment: manage and ensure timely
follow up and accuracy with transcription of orders.
- Performs assessments as needed in a timely manner and sends
notifications per policy.
- Maintains documentation that is accurate and legible.
- Participate in weekly inter-disciplinary team meetings.
- Completes and updates mandatory staff training and other
licensure related items in a timely manner.
- Monthly review of physician's orders (rewrites) and medication
administration records for all units.
- Deliver medications to nursing stations from pharmacy.
- Audit charts as assigned.
- Update passports as assigned.Qualifications:What you need to be
- Must have Indiana nursing license as a Licensed Practical Nurse
or Registered Nurse.
- One year of experience working with neuropsychiatric or
behavioral challenges and/or individuals identifying withthe DD/ID
- Knowledge of current trends and research in the use of
psychotropic medications with individuals withdevelopmental
- Minimum age of 21 per licensure requirements.
- Valid Indiana driver's license and driving record that meets
eligibility requirements of Damar's insurance carrier (for all
positions requiring driving).
- Must meet and maintain background screening requirements of
program(s) assigned to.
- No felony convictions or other criminal offenses involving a
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and
physical.Essential Job Functions:Physical: Primary functions
require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an
office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to
occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift,
carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight (up to
35lbs); to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand
movement and fine coordination including use of a computer
keyboard; to travel to other locations using various modes of
private and commercial transportation; and to verbally communicate
to exchange information.Vision: See in the normal visual range with
or without correction.Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with
or without correction.
Keywords: Damar Services, Inc., Indianapolis , Night Shift LPN $63,000/year, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!