Home Health Aide
Company: Select Home Health Services Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Summary: Provide supportive and personal services for the
patients with consideration of dignity and privacy. Provide
personal care and hygiene to home health patients.
Graduate of an accredited High School or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read, write and follow directions.
- Must be a certified nursing assistant with proof of
- A minimum of one year full-time experience in direct patient
care in an institutional setting (hospital or nursing facility) or
one year full-time experience within the last five years in direct
client care in an agency setting.
- Work positively and favorably with patients, families, and
- Demonstrate compassion, responsibility, and cheerful
- Listed on the nurse aide registry with no finding against the
aide relating to client abuse, neglect or misappropriation of
Responsibilities/Essential Functions: The person in this position
must be able to perform the following essential job functions with
or without reasonable accommodations.
Follow the instructions of the professional nurse/therapist in
- Provide assistance with hygiene such as bathing, oral care, and
- Perform and record accurate measurements (i.e. vital signs, or
intake/output as instructed in the care plans).
- Observe and report any safety hazards found in the client's
home or any significant observations regarding the client.
- Attend staff meetings, attend/complete minimum state and
federal standards of annual in-services, and participates in
orientation of new employees.
- Report patient complaints to the RN.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and adheres to HIPPA
requirements and agency Policy and Procedure manual.
- Possess the ability to follow written and oral
- Report abnormal findings in patient's conditions as observed
and per RN care plan.
- Perform the following task when delegated by the RN
- Non-invasive and non-sterile treatments
- Collection and documentation of vital signs, height, weight,
I/O, environmental situations, and client behaviors
- Ambulation, positioning, and turning
- Personal hygiene and elimination (irritations, enemas)
- Health teaching reinforcement that has been planned and
reinforced by the RN
The above list reflects the essential functions and other job
functions considered necessary of the job identified, and shall not
be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements
that may be inherent in the job, or assigned by supervisory
personnel. This job description is used as a guide only and not
inclusive of responsibilities and job duties.
Keywords: Select Home Health Services Inc., Indianapolis , Home Health Aide, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!