Medical Assistant II - DaLD - Springmill
Company: IU Health Physicians Support Services
Posted on: January 17, 2022
OverviewUnder the supervision of the designated supervisor and
assigned physician, performs duties associated with direct patient
care and clinical direction to provide patient care given in
accordance with the organization standards. Assures completeness of
ordered procedures and treatments, assures smooth patient flow,
performs general lab work, instructs patients concerning
procedures, treatments and needs, and ensures medical orders and
referrals are carried out accurately and in a timely manner.
Performs registration and scheduling activities per organizational
and departmental procedures. Maintains EMR files and performs
general front office functions as needed. May perform computerized
physician order entry, only if directed by assigned physician.
Expected to precept current MA team members or MA Externs as
requested by leadership.
- AHA Basic Life Support for healthcare workers certification
required. Other advanced life support certifications may be
required per unit/department specialty according to patient care
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from a
Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Current certification in medical assisting required from
America Association of Medical Assistants (CMA), American Medical
Technologists (RMA), National Health Career Association (CCMA),
National Center for competency Testing (NCMA), American Medical
Certification Association (CMAC),
- Knowledge of OSHA, CLIA, and ADA required.
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding required.
- TB validated (to administer or read) or validation obtained
within 6 months of hire preferred.
- Knowledge of Business Unit Quality Programs, Meaningful Use and
Standard Work Programs and concepts within 6 months of hire.
- Knowledge of standard laboratory and medical procedures.
- Knowledge of insurance plans and third-party payers.
- Ability to master standard clinical competencies per current
Clinical policy, Point of Care and Skills Competency
- Requires basic math and accurate data collection and entry
Keywords: IU Health Physicians Support Services, Indianapolis , Medical Assistant II - DaLD - Springmill, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!