Behavioral Health Provider
Company: Windrose Health Network Inc
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Summary: The Behavioral Health Provider (BHP) is a key licensed
behavioral health clinician embedded in WindRose Health Network
primary care clinics. The BHP works as a core member of a
multi-disciplinary integrated care team led by the primary care
provider that may involve clinic nursing staff, system-wide care
and case management staff, substance abuse specialists, and
psychiatrists. The role of the BHP is to help the primary care
provider and team to improve their effectiveness and efficiency in
managing the whole patient, which will require flexibility and an
ability to provide different types and intensity of services.The
BHP provides a high volume of brief consultation-based
interventions to individuals and family in a primary care setting
without restrictions in gender, age, complexity or medical
comorbidity; understands and utilizes a bio psychosocial approach
to assessment and intervention; clarifies mental health diagnosis
when needed; serves as a staunch patient advocate and brokers
access to resources outside of the primary care network as
appropriate (social services, housing, financial assistance, etc.);
educates patients and families; engages in constant communication
with other care team providers to insure clear team expectations
and outcomes; uses approved tools and metrics to monitor patient
progress; and generates billable fee codes when appropriate. The
BHP also strives to be as accessible as possible, typically seeing
patients' on-demand throughout the day providing brief therapeutic
interventions. This is not a traditional therapy model.Essential
- Provide brief consultative interventions to individuals and
family members in person and over secure telephonic and video
- Work effectively in a patient-centered, integrated care model
in a variety of clinical settings.
- Participate in shared treatment sessions with providers and
- Participate in integrative care team meetings to coordinate
- Clarify mental health diagnoses when needed.
- Construct, document, and execute robust treatment plans using
the biopsychosocial model.
- Utilize evidence-based clinical tools for tracking clinical
outcomes in primary care (PHQ9, GAD7, etc.).
- Broker patient access to resources as needed (housing,
financial assistance, etc.).
- Interface with community mental health and substance abuse
treatment centers to coordinate care as appropriate.
- Provide consistent excellent patient service.
- Participate on various committees and peer groups as
- Engage in WHN-directed training to learn and improve clinical
skills as appropriate.
- May serve as a team lead and serves as a mentor for lower level
- May lead the work of others on the team in support of a
supervisor or manager
- Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Position
Qualifications :Education:Please be advised that you must have one
of the following degrees:
- Doctorate in Psychology (PhD or PsyD)
- Masters of Social Work
- Masters of Marriage & FamilyExperience:
- Require 2 years of post-licensure experience, preferably in
primary care clinic or hospital environment but will consider newly
licensed Psychologists, Social Workers or Marriage & Family
therapists.Licensure/Certification:Please be advised that you must
have one of the following licensure:
- Licensed to practice independently as a Psychologist in the
State of Indiana.
- Licensed to practice independently as a Licensed Clinical
- Licensed to practice independently as a Licensed Marriage &
Family Therapist.Essential Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of integrative care principles and
- Basic, non-technical knowledge of psychopharmacology for common
behavioral health disorders, and of other medications that can
influence mental status.
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal, and counseling
- Familiarity with brief, structured intervention techniques
(motivational interviewing, behavioral activation, CBT etc.).
- Familiarity with accessing community resources (housing,
financial assistance, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple
demands and projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, often stressful
- Ability to work with a diverse patient and staff
- Ability to work effectively with groups.
- Ability to work in different settings as required by system
- Ability to develop cooperative relationships with families,
patients, physicians and other health care professionals within and
- Excellent Computer Skills.
- preferred pediatric experienceBenefits:
- National Health Service Corp -Student Loan Forgiveness Benefit
- Health Insurance (low cost)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- STD/LTD/Life Insurance Employer Paid
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Holidays
- (PTO) Paid Time OffEOE
Keywords: Windrose Health Network Inc, Indianapolis , Behavioral Health Provider, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!