Regional Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Company: GFL Environmental Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
GFL Environmental is looking for a Regional Environmental Health
and Safety Manager to join our team in Indiana! The incumbent will
act as the primary environmental, health, safety, and general
compliance contact and subject matter expert for all operations
within their designated region to ensure compliance with the
company's EHS Policies, Programs and permit or regulatory
obligations which govern our business. This role is pivotal to
mitigating exposure to risk by leading, planning, coordinating, and
implementing EHS management systems including training, branch
visits/audits, regulatory updates employee observations, and
accident investigations. Seek ways to improve Health, Safety and
Risk Management to better impact the attitudes, behaviors and
well-being of all employees and those they encounter.Key
Responsibilities:General Safety Matters:
- Work directly with Operations to ensure effective adherence to
the company's EHS programs including regular facility assessments
to ensure facility compliance with general regulatory/permit
requirements as well as company requirements. Conduct routine and
random audits through SEMS and provide feedback. Work with
operations and Permit Compliance team on any issues
- Provide Operations support in managing incidents, ensure they
are appropriately captured, reviewed for root cause, identify
effective corrective actions, and are tracked to completion.
- Support in best management practices through continuous
improvement through incident management and communication to
minimize accident/injury frequency and minimize risk.
- Communicate with Operations on overall KPI's through SEMS.
- Provide feedback and support to other departments within
EHS&C and other support functions, to assist in improvement of
safety program development, training content, best management
practices, standard work instructions, and overall improvement to
company policies and programs.
- Subject matter expert for region in EHS working with Corp
- Support new acquisition integration as it relates to EHS
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety theory, regulations and
Company policy.Transportation Issues
- Ensure SEMS record keeping for safety meetings, DOT logs and
files, VCR's and vehicle inspection reports.
- Conduct observations from a variety of perspectives including
landfill, in cab, pre/post trip, and randomly conduct blind
- Provide operational support to ensure new-hire driver training
is being conducted (follow up in SEMS).Environmental Issues
- Maintain a working knowledge of basic environmental principles
- Work with Operations and other EHS&C team members to
provide feedback on any issues identified to provide continues
improvement and avoid any potential noncompliance situation.
- Perform routine audits per SEMS. Provide coaching and guidance
to Operations.Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- 4 year degree in safety, environment, EHS management, or
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in EHS compliance.
- Expertise and extensive knowledge of OSHA, general knowledge of
DOT and EPA or applicable state regulations.
- Ability to gain exposure to some of the complex tasks within
the job function.
- Deadline driven with excellent organizational skills.
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency and working knowledge
in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Capability to handle multiple tasks and work well under
pressure to meet deadlines.
- Candidates must be comfortable with a fast paced, opportunity
filled work environment.
- Maintain work by effectively using problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop processes and procedures as well as initiate
tasks related to job requirements.
- A quick learner with solid work habits who works well under
pressure with constant re-prioritization of duties.
- Maintains the highest levels of integrity and confidentiality
regarding company information.
- Must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication
as well as presentation skills with the ability to communicate to
all levels within the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities, and
accomplish goals and objectives. Additional Working Conditions +
- Work in indoor environment 60% of the time, remainder of time
will be spend outdoors at hauling companies, transfer stations, MRF
and landfill or other physical locations
- Environmental noise level is usually moderate to loud
- Occasionally exposed to loud noise, humidity, hot and cold
weather conditions, moving mechanical parts, vibration, toxic and
caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles
- Travel is required within regionWe thank you for your interest.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. GFL
Environmental an equal opportunity employer and encourages women,
Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible
minorities to apply. We seek to hire individuals with diverse
characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe
that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender,
ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age,
religion or disability, but enriches itself through these
Keywords: GFL Environmental Inc., Indianapolis , Regional Environmental Health and Safety Manager, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!