Health Center Manager - W.38th
Company: Eskenazi Health
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Req ID: 14351
Schedule: Full Time
Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the
Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. Physicians provide
a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at the
327-bed hospital and outpatient facilities both on and off of the
Eskenazi Health downtown campus as well as at 10 Eskenazi Health
Center sites located throughout Indianapolis.
Job Role Summary
Under the general direction of the Area Operations Director (AOD)
the Health Center Manager in collaboration with primary care senior
leadership, other Health Center Managers and their Chief Physician
Executive(s), provide leadership aligning with the mission, vision
and values of Eskenazi Health (EH) and strategic plans of EH and
EHC. The Health Center Manager is accountable for the day to day
management of administrative, financial, operational, and clinical
oversight of their assigned site(s) and/or departments including
but not limited to performance improvement initiatives and resource
management. The Health Center Manager is also accountable for
implementing operational and clinical initiatives for EHC while
maintaining high levels of quality and patient satisfaction scores
as set forth in our primary care strategic goals. In coordination
with the appropriate administrative offices, the Health Center
Manager has authority to make decisions and be responsible for
personnel issues, patient concerns/questions, clinical quality
metrics, office budget/finance issues and global issues regarding
the health center and or departments and Eskenazi. Proactively
contributes to Eskenazi Health mission: Advocate, Care, Teach and
Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable population of Marion
County. Models Eskenazi Health values.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Supervises/manages staff and the overall operation of site(s),
department(s) and/or program(s).
- Supervises, observes, and evaluates work of all personnel;
ensures staff are held accountable.
- Understands, follows, and interprets to others Eskenazi Health/
and Eskenazi Health Centers' policies related to the operation of
the health center, and assists Chief Physician Executive (CPE) and
Area Operations Director (AOD) to maintain adherence.
- Understands and effectively communicates the strategic
- Engages and collaborates with CPE, AOD(s) and Human Resources
to hire, terminate, evaluate, train/orient, and implement
corrective/disciplinary actions in accordance with applicable
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills in assessing and
resolving daily operational difficulties and strategies of the
- Facilitates attendance and participates in quality and risk
champion meetings and ensures discussions are shared.
- Successfully facilitates the implementation of best practices
to impact clinical quality metrics; continuously evaluates and
- Coordinates training of all new associates in accordance with
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Completes Readiness Rounds at prescribed intervals and follows
up on any outstanding issues.
- Collaborates appropriately to identify and clinical quality
issues and ensure implementation of recommended corrective
- Completes and documents rounding on staff at the prescribed
- Utilizes Service Excellence Board to conduct daily
- Maintains and updates stoplight reports monthly.
- Utilizes Quality in Daily Work principles to foster teamwork
- Ensures information discussed in leadership meetings is
disseminated to all staff.
- Fosters supportive environment and serves as advocate for staff
as well as patients.
- Implements process to increase MyChart enrollment to meet
organizational and departmental goals.
- Investigates all patient problems/complaints and intervenes to
improve the situation; provides counseling to staff as needed to
improve customer service.
- Reports any provider related concerns to CPE and escalates to
the Chief Medical Officer as warranted.
- Implements and monitors customer service best practices to
ensure Net Promoter Scores (NPS) meet targets.
- Develops short and long term staffing plans related to
projected patient care needs. Independently solves complex staffing
problems, and manages daily allocation of resources according to
patient volume and budget.
- Provides input and assists with implementing and monitoring
site budget and cost control standards; ensures site operates
effectively and efficiently within budgetary parameters.
- Ensures timely and accurate accounting of all expenses,
including validation of charges and general ledger (GL)
- Collaborates with Patient Access Services (PAS) to ensure
financial screening of patients and FPL information is entered
accurately in Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Facilitates appropriate billing practices to ensure regulatory
compliance and fiscal responsibility.
- Implements a viable plan to increase patient access to expanded
or alternative hours.
- Ensures provider templates are built appropriately.
- Effectively operationalizes the use of reengineering tools to
decrease no show rates, increase capacity utilization, and decrease
patient cycle time.
- Facilitates and promotes use of alternative patient services
including but not limited to e-visits and phone visits.
- Creates, modifies and evaluates statistical information
relative to the site.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Management or health care
field. A minimum of five years of healthcare, leadership or
business management experience may be substituted in lieu of
Bachelor's degree educational requirements.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in an ambulatory healthcare
- Medical terminology, ICD-9/CPT coding and billing experience
- Nursing or related health profession background helpful.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of the operation of a medical office, to
include both clerical, clinical, and financial functions.
- Knowledge of:
- Laws, rules and regulations governing the health care industry
including Federally Qualified Health Centers.
- Relevant regulatory standards.
- Fiscal management systems and techniques.
- Human resources management practices including supervision and
- Skill and effectiveness in making difficult decisions and
exercising sound judgment.
- Working knowledge of financial/budgeting principles and
- Ability to:
- manage, supervise, delegate and coordinate the activities of
- communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in
- analyze problems and develop effective techniques for
- anticipate problems and initiate corrective action
- remain calm and work well under pressure
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with
superiors, co-workers, subordinate staff, and collaborating
partners, as well as patients
- Detailed knowledge of practice workflow processes and ability
to recognize needed changes and implement solutions.
- Proficient with but not limited to basic Microsoft Office
computer skills, Kronos, OnBase, SAP and EHR systems.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to ensure patient services are
appropriate to the age served; demonstrates knowledge of the
principles of growth and development over the life-span.
- Ability to assess data and interpret information needed to
identify each patient's requirements relative to age-specific
Accredited by The Joint Commission and named one of the nation's
150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four
consecutive years and Forbes list of best places to work for women,
and Forbes list of America's best midsize employers' Eskenazi
Health's programs have received national recognition while also
offering new health care opportunities to the local community. As
the sponsoring hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical
Services, the city's primary EMS provider, Eskenazi Health is also
home to the first adult Level I trauma center in Indiana, the only
verified adult burn center in Indiana, the first community mental
health center in Indiana and the Eskenazi Health Center Primary
Care - Center of Excellence in Women's Health, just to name a
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
Keywords: Eskenazi Health, Indianapolis , Health Center Manager - W.38th, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!