Staff Registered Nurse RN FT Hibbeln Surgery Center Monday through Friday
Company: Hendricks Regional Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Summary : To provide nursing care that is patient and family
centered in an environment that exemplifies best practice and
customer service; fosters relationship based care; and maintains
the integrity of professional nursing standards. Nursing care
guidelines are based on the ANA Code of Ethics (1), Indiana Nurse
Practice Act (2), Nursing Process, and
regulatory agency standards by which the RN provides patient care
and shared leadership for the unit.Job DescriptionEssential
Responsibilities: *Note: While these are considered essential
responsibilities of the position, alternatives or accommodation may
be considered, when situations require.*Note: These
responsibilities may be divided as necessary between multiple
nurses as staffing requires and integrate collaborative input of
healthcare providers, patient and patient designees.Time and
- Uses resources and time effectively and efficiently.
- Manages time effectively; concentrates his or her efforts on
the most important priorities; adeptly handles several tasks at
once and considers the short, medium, and long-term while attending
to a broad range of activities.
- Attends product and practice change education and applies such
to promote non-salary cost saving.Expertise/Specialty
- Possesses required functional and technical knowledge to do his
or her job at high level of accomplishment. Makes appropriate
patient care assignments based on nurse expertise, patient acuity
and technical needs.
- Demonstrates ability to enhance workplace and apply new
functional skills through use of evidence-based practice.Customer
- Exhibits excellent guest relations to patients, visitors,
physicians, and co-workers; displays our Hendricks Way Values core
values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Engagement, Empathy,
Courage and Loyalty.
- Balances and prioritizes the needs of a variety of customers
including patients, providers, community members and fellow
- Responds to changing customer needs with a positive and
- Manages customer expectations by communicating about progress,
challenges and results, through established Hospital practices of
patient rounding, timely response to patient needs, service
recovery, and displaying professionalism in actions.
- Understands how different departments must work together to
provide outstanding customer experiences.
- Brings value by forging positive relationship to those we
- Represents the Hospital positively in provision of service to
the community independently and at Hospital sponsored or community
- Maintains a therapeutic environment through noise reduction,
appropriate use of electronic devices in patient care areas, and
providing support and building relationships with healthcare
students and their programs.Patient Safety/Workplace Safety/Patient
- Places a high level of safety focus on HRH patients, guests,
associates, and self, assuring safety and an exemplary patent
- Utilizes the event management system; reports near misses and
participates in proactive processes to reduce error.
- Applies the principles of Just Culture, HIPAA, national safety
standards and social media policy.Career Development
- Demonstrates a strong emphasis on leadership, personal and
professional growth. Seeks opportunity for growth in such areas as
certification, Hospital clinical advancement programs, advanced
degree, and nursing shared leadership and council
- Grasps the essence of new information; masters new technical
skills and business knowledge. Leverages strengths, and improves
upon weaknesses; seeks feedback from others and opportunities to
master new knowledge.Teamwork
- Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal
- Consistently develops and sustains cooperative working
- Encourages cooperation within the organization and with
- Fosters commitment, team spirit, pride and trust.
- Develops leadership in others through coaching, mentoring and
providing collaborative and guiding feedback.Additional Skills and
- Meets the Hospital Minimum Performance Standards and
responsibilities as outlined in the Associate Handbook, maintaining
privacy/confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains standard precautions and applies principles related
to patient care.
- Understands and demonstrates nursing mission, vision, values
and Nursing Professional Practice Model.
- Participates in nursing research projects/evidence based
practice for unit or facility.
- Participates in staff meetings and other meetings as required
by department and HRH.
- Participates in peer review as requested by management.
- Follows organizational and regulatory guidelines as related to
daily responsibilities.Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice.Education and Experience Required:1.
Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing; or2. If a
graduate from a nursing school that is not accredited, a minimum of
five years of acute care nursing experience is required to be
considered; or an advanced degree from an accredited school;3.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree, (BSN), preferred or required
within five years from date of hire4. Area specific required
education may be obtained upon hire and is to be maintained, e.g.
ACLS, BLS, PALS, specialty certification, etc.Mandatory
Licensure/Certifications:Current licensure by the Indiana State
Board of Nurses' Registration and Nursing Education as an active
Registered Nurse.Work Shift : 1st Shift (United States of
America)Scheduled Weekly Hours : 40
Keywords: Hendricks Regional Health, Indianapolis , Staff Registered Nurse RN FT Hibbeln Surgery Center Monday through Friday, Healthcare , Avon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!