Medical Assistant/MA Full Time Days/80 HoursBi-Weekly ***$2500 SIGN ON BONUS***
Company: Hendricks Regional Health
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job Summary : To assist in the delivery of health care and
patient care management in a clinical capacity. Daily
responsibilities of the position are based solely on the needs of
the practice at any given time.Job DescriptionEssential
Responsibilities: 1. Provides directly and through delegation
patient care for facility clients.
- Maintains knowledge of normal/abnormal parameters that identify
clients at risk.
- Provides patient care in accordance to standards and
- Responds to telephone calls and triages appropriately.
- Provides patient with reassurance, accurate teaching and
direction.2. Ensures efficient delivery of healthcare services
throughout the duration of the patient visit.
- Ensures that medical records are completed, accurate and
- Initiates patient contact and prepares patient for examination.
Obtains vital signs, weight, age, temperature, blood pressure,
pulse, respiratory, history and chief complaint.
- Observes patients with abnormal signs and symptoms,
communicates their condition to the physician and documents the
same in the medical record.
- Ensures patient understanding of physician instruction upon
- Documents patients medical record entries and documents charge
information into electronic medical record for billing.3. Assist
with testing and treatment procedures under the Physicians
- Assists physician in applying splints and dressings.
- Performs and follows through in all indicated orders from
- Assists with sample medications and sample medication
- Arranges and administers any necessary patient testing or
admission. Obtains appropriate referrals required. Retrieves test
results as needed and notifies patient.
- Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and
- Obtains appropriate consents before all invasive procedures or
immunizations are preformed.
- Distributes patient education materials as directed. Assists in
patient instruction and ascertains patient understanding regarding
treatment and medication usage.
- Performs laboratory tests and treatments as prescribed.
- Assists in maintaining laboratory log.4. Ensures all patient
care areas, equipment and materials are appropriately stocked and
- Maintains and organizes adequate supply of patient education
- Orders and maintains required supplies and equipment for
clinical care areas ensuring exam rooms are stocked
- Keep exam rooms clean, free of waste and organized in
accordance with cleaning protocol. Ensures that instruments are
sterile and equipment is in working order.5. All other duties as
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Education and Experience Required: 1. Graduation
from an accredited Medical Assistant Program or accredited Nursing
Program.Work Shift : 1st Shift (United States of America)Scheduled
Weekly Hours : 40
Keywords: Hendricks Regional Health, Indianapolis , Medical Assistant/MA Full Time Days/80 HoursBi-Weekly ***$2500 SIGN ON BONUS***, Healthcare , Danville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!