Oncology Pharmacist - Full Time Day Shift Experience required $5,000 Sign onbonus
Company: Hendricks Regional Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Summary : Plan, organize, control, and supervise clinical
activities related to the care of the Hendricks Regional Health
oncology patient population according to hospital and Oncology
Infusion Center policies, standards of practice of the profession,
and State and Federal laws. Recommends innovations in the practice
and process of care of the oncology patient population to Pharmacy
Administration and carries out mutually agreed upon programs.Job
- Provides clinical pharmacy services to the oncology patient
- Directs development, implementation and maintenance of oncology
clinical pharmacy services.
- Facilitates the review, preparation, and monitoring of oncology
patient medication regimens.
- Facilitates the identification, resolution, implementation, and
communication of safe medication use in collaboration with the
- Ensures safe, appropriate, cost-effective medication therapies
for patients according to established policies, procedures, and
- Provides clinical consultation and clarification to
practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic
alternatives to medical staff as needed.
- Monitors drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug
interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies, and
appropriateness of drug and dose.
- Provides education and information on oncology-related
pharmaceutical care and drug therapy.
- Works on at least 2 oncology-related clinical projects
- Detects and reports suspected adverse drug reactions accurately
and in a timely manner.
- Documents all clinical activities and interventions accurately
and completely. Reports these clinical activities as data to the
- Contributes to the quality and effective operation of the
- Is familiar with, and follows, Federal and State laws regarding
the profession of pharmacy.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.Additional
- Supervises the maintenance and dissemination of drug
information thorough in-service education of hospital personnel,
consultation with patients, hospital staff, and medical staff.
- Actively assists staff pharmacists and clinical pharmacists in
the discharge of routine duties, as necessary.
- Provides professional and technical guidance to pharmacy
personnel as it is related to the care of oncology patients.
- Exercises professional judgment in imparting therapeutic and
drug information to patients and health professionals.
- Is competent in the range of treatment needed by the following
patients as appropriate to the ages served by the hospital and
oncology infusion center: adult, geriatric, pediatric,
- Maintains patient records to monitor drug therapy for
appropriateness and safety consistent with a high level of patient
- Participates in clinical patient care meetings and rounds as
- Is actively involved in planning and implementing updates to
oncology pharmacy processes and related patient care.
- Is responsible for the provision of oncology therapy-related
education for staff and patients.
- Consistently demonstrates active listening skills in all
communications with patients, practitioners, and suppliers.
- Responds to the initial requests, complaints, or concerns of
patients within 24 hours and follows up in a timely manner with a
- Demonstrates clear, concise, constructive communication both
verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding issues related to patient
care and hospital operations.
- Serves and a positive role model by displaying a cooperative
professional behavior in interacting with others.
- Incorporates knowledge of various cultural and spiritual
beliefs when dealing with customers.
- Ensures respect for patient rights and promotes patient
advocacy.Please note this job description is not designed to cover
or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Education:
- Graduation from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy and
licensure as a registered pharmacist in the state of Indiana.
- Minimum of 2 years of hospital based clinical pharmacy
experience.Licenses or Certifications:
- Completion of an ASHP-accredited PGY-2 oncology pharmacy
residency program highly desired.
- Board of Pharmacy Specialties certification in oncology (BCOP)
highly desired.Work Shift : 1st Shift (United States of
America)Scheduled Weekly Hours : 40
Keywords: Hendricks Regional Health, Indianapolis , Oncology Pharmacist - Full Time Day Shift Experience required $5,000 Sign onbonus, Healthcare , Danville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!