Operating Room Certified Surgical Technologist PRN with availability of:7am-3:30pm Monday - Friday
Company: Hendricks Regional Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Summary : To assist in the delivery of aspects of health
care in a clinical capacity based on the needs of the client and
standards of operating room care.Job DescriptionEssential
- Assist anesthesia, surgeons, and associates with procedural
- Monitor instrument/equipment for processing following
manufacture/AMMI/AORN/AST standards or practice and
- Carry out established procedures: cleaning, decontaminating and
- Provide assistance in the order of priority and re-prioritizes
as designated by the director or designee.
- Alter own time schedule to adjust to changes in activity level
of the department.
- Judicious use of supplies. Quality
- Assist RN to obtain non-routine supplies for individualized
care of clients without compromise of quality or loss of client
- Support client care by readily responding to and reporting
on-goingintermittent and unexpected changes in delegated aspects of
- Facilitate planning and adjusting provisions of patient care
per request of anesthesia, surgeons and OR associates.
- Consult and collaborates appropriately to revise preference
cards, instrument sets and supply pull sheets as technological
advances influence changes in delegated aspects of care.
- Accept and delegate tasks appropriately and promote
- Collaborate with other health care providers regarding the plan
of intraoperative cares, including instrument/supply set up prior
- Respond quickly and is able to work under stress related to
multiple requests for supplies/instruments.
- Maintain professional environment and keep noise to a minimum
at all times
- Exemplify excellent guest relations to patients, visitors, and
physicians and co-workers.
- Collaborate as a member of the operative team to enhance
patient flow with changes to daily procedure schedules.Patient
- Cleaning, decontamination, and sterilization of all
instruments, metal goods, and equipment used for patient care.
- Plan and prepare for surgical intervention based on
individualized needs of each patient and respond to on-going,
intermittent, and unexpected changes in delegated aspects of
- Adhere to HIPAA and follow social media policy and adhere to
standards of practice for instrument and supply sterility.
- Verify double check system to verify medications/supplies that
are passed to the sterile field.
- Maintain just culture and report any breaks in sterile field
and activities surrounding patient care.Professional Development
- Maintain workable knowledge of anatomy and
- Share knowledge and skills with colleagues and others including
orientation and cross-training.
- Demonstrate leadership and be a resource for peer, precepts
students and new employee when needed.
- Identify professional needs and collaborates with management
for learning opportunities for self and for the unit.
- Participate in development and implementation of departmental
goals and attend product practice change in-services.Customer
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with all customers,
focusing on physicians, provider practices, anesthesia and
- Provide a professional and quiet patient environment.
- Practice AIDET (Acknowledge, Identify, Duration, Explanation,
- Promote commitment to co-workers, view all staff as part of an
equal team and be approachable at all times, and maintain
- Be flexible with assignments, staffing needs and assigned
shifts.Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.Mandatory Licensure/Certifications: (CST)
Currently certified by The National Board of Surgical Technology
and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or (LPN) Currently licensed by the
Indiana State Board of Nurses' Registration and Nursing Education
as a Registered Nurse.Work Shift : Day Shift (United States of
America)Scheduled Weekly Hours : 0
Keywords: Hendricks Regional Health, Indianapolis , Operating Room Certified Surgical Technologist PRN with availability of:7am-3:30pm Monday - Friday, Healthcare , Danville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!