Lab Assistant I - Histology
Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Lab Assistant II Location: 1402 E. County Line Indianapolis, IN
Schedule: Full-time/Monday-Friday 1:00 p.m.-9:30 p.m. (Rotational
weekends and holidays) Sign-On Bonus: $2,500 Benefits/Perks:
- Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision for FT employees who work 30+
- 15 PTO days first year
- 7 Paid Holidays!
- Annual Bonus Opportunity
- 401K matching
- Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs
for FT employees who work 30+ hours
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Training provided! **Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be
Performs various routine laboratory functions in a precise and
accurate fashion to assist the laboratory professional staff and to
- Perform specimen receiving, labeling,handlingand
- Assist with pre-analytical preparation of specimens
(e.g.,printing labels,uncap/cap specimen tubes,aliquot
specimens,prepare racks, worklists, enter/scanspecimensand load
- Record digital temperature; notify licensed personnel if
temperature is out of range.
- Perform routine instrument maintenance on some equipment.
- Assist in preparation of chemicals,reagentsand solutions.
- Clean, organize and maintain work area,glasswareand laboratory
equipment (e.g., refrigerators, freezers and supply cabinets,
- Assist with monitoring the department pending and overdue
lists, which includes, searching, locating, following up and filing
- Perform other departmental tasks such asfiling,archivingand
retrieving slides/blocks, reports, requisitions/other paperwork and
answering the telephone.
- Dispose of biohazardous material.
- Enter data in laboratory information systems (LIS).
- Perform QA/QC duties as assigned.
- Complete training and competency checklists as
- Comply with all health and safety policies,proceduresand
practices. Required to use personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all
duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of
work performed by the position. QUALIFICATIONS Required
WorkExperience: One (1) year full-time experience in a technical or
clinical laboratory department. Preferred Work Experience: N/A
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- The normal performance of duties may require lifting and
carrying objects: Objects 1 to 10 pounds are lifted and carried
frequently; objects 11 to 25 pounds are lifted and carried
occasionally; objects 36 to 50 pounds are seldom lifted or carried
and objects over 50 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without
- Ability to stand and work at the bench for long periods of
- Frequent walking and/or standing.
- May be required to use a wide variety of manual and automated
pipettes and laboratory instruments and apparatuses all of
whichdemand significant manual dexterity. Knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of organizational/departmental policies and
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow a series of steps
without confusion or errors on an on-going basis and retain the
information once learned.
- Must be detail-oriented,have the ability towork independently,
establish work priorities and to handle several tasks
simultaneously for maximum department efficiency.
- Communication and interpersonal skills necessary to deal
courteously andeffectively with supervisors,co-workersand
- Ability to deal with client information in a
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word,Exceland Outlook) and
Laboratory Information Systems.
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Indianapolis , Lab Assistant I - Histology, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!