Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - Medical Progressive - Full-Time Day
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job ID: 273979 Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - Medical Progressive - Full-Time Day Indianapolis, Indiana Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Registered Nurse--Supervisor (RN) City, State:-- Indianapolis,IN Location:-- Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St Department:---- Stepdown Intermediate Care 001 Additional Job Details:----Full-Time, Day,--36 hours Weekly About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana---s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women---s and children---s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: The Registered Nurse--Supervisor supervises and coordinates unit staffing and provides leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area. -- Responsibilities:
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--12 Months (1 year)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--Indiana Board of Nursing--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.-- Education:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, or combination of diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing and related experience required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred Work Experience:
- 1 Year Required Registered Nursing--Experience.
- 4 Years Preferred Registered Nursing Experience.
- 2 Years Preferred Leadership/Mgmt Experience. Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Indianapolis , Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - Medical Progressive - Full-Time Day, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!