Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor - Cardiovascular ICU - Full Time Nigh
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Job ID: 275666 Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor - Cardiovascular ICU - Full Time Nights Indianapolis, Indiana Regular Additional Job Information Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor City, State: Indianapolis, IN Location: Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St Department: Cardiovascular Unit 001 Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Night, 36 hours Weekly 7pm-7am; weekend and holiday rotation About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: The Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor supervises and coordinates unit staffing and provides leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area. Responsibilities:
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Work Experience:
- 1 year of experience required.
- CVTU experience preferred; charge RN experience preferred Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Indianapolis , Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor - Cardiovascular ICU - Full Time Nigh, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!