Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - General Surgery
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Job ID: 268688 Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - General Surgery Indianapolis, Indiana Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) City, State: Indianapolis, IN Location: Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St Department: General Surgery Unit Additional Job Details: Full-Time Day, 36 hours Weekly, 7am - 7:30pm, 3 shifts /week with holiday and weekend rotation. Must have some flexibility with schedule for extra training, Super users classes, and cover charge shifts. About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Sum mary: The Registered Nurse Supervisor supervises and coordinates unit staffing and provides leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area. Responsibilities:
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, or combination of diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing and related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. Work Experience:
- 1 Year Required Technical Experience.
- 4 Years Preferred Technical Experience.
- 2 Years Preferred Leadership/Mgmt Experience.
- Experience on a Med Surg Unit with critical thinking and used to a fast pace. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. To view our job openings, visit To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. The Spirit of Caring Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Indianapolis , Registered Nurse Supervisor (RN) - General Surgery, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!