Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Transport - NICU/PICU
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job ID: 225909 Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Transport - NICU/PICU Indianapolis, Indiana Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--Transport--RN City, State:-- Indianapolis, IN Location:-- 2001 West 86th St.--Indianapolis, IN Department:---- Critical Care Transport, Nursing Additional Job Details:----PRN, Rotating About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana---s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women---s and children---s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Summary: The Transport--RN provides advanced life support for critically ill/injured patients at the scene and during transport as part of the air transport team. Responsibilities:
- Responds to calls via flight, evaluates the scene of an accident and notifies appropriate authorities/requests additional assistance as required.
- Performs patient assessment and triage; provides advanced life support and/or emergency care as needed before and during transport.
- Contacts receiving medical personnel, reports observations and follows directives.
- Determines appropriate mode of transport and assists with locating and establishing a landing zone for the aircraft.
- Actively participates in all daily apparatus and equipment checks.
- Actively educates patients, families, and the multidisciplinary care team on plan of care and safest transport caveats.
- Complies with Air Medical vendor limitations and physical requirements. Qualifications Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified--Advanced Life Support--obtained within--6 Months (180 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certified--BLS Provider--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certification--specializing in--Neonatal Resuscitation--obtained within--3 Months (90 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certification--specializing in--Trauma--obtained within--12 Months (1 year)--of hire date or job transfer date.--(TNCC, ENPC, PHTLS, or equivalent)
- Certification--credentialed from the--S.T.A.B.L.E. Program--obtained within--3 Months (90 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certification--specializing in--Cardiac--credentialed from the--S.T.A.B.L.E. Program--obtained within--6 Months (180 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certified--Pediatric Advanced Life Support--obtained within--3 Months (90 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- Certified--Advanced--Registered Nurse--obtained within--15 Months (1 1/4 year)--of hire date or job transfer date.--(i.e., Certified Transport RN, Certified Flight RN, Certified Neonatal Pediatric Transport, or similar) Education:
- Minimum Qualification: Associate's Degree in Nursing by hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing. Work Experience:
- Minimum Qualification: Three years of experience in a critical care, NICU, PICU, and/or critical care transport role.
- Preferred Qualification: Five years of experience in a critical care,--ICU, NICU, PICU, and/or critical care transport role. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. -- If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. -- To view our job openings, visit www.stvincent.org/jobs -- To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. -- Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. -- -- The Spirit of Caring -- Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement -- -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Indianapolis , Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Transport - NICU/PICU, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!