Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Transport
Company: St. Vincent Health, IN
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job ID: 267495 Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Transport Indianapolis, Indiana Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title: Registered Nurse (RN) Transport City, State: Indianapolis, IN Location: Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St Department: Critical Care Transport Additional Job Details: Full-Time Rotating, 36 hours Weekly This position would entail one 24 hour shift and one 12 hour shift per week
Can not work at another place of employ 10 hours prior to scheduled transport team shift (safety caveat)
Holiday and weekend rotation established and required. About Us St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care. Job Description Job Summary: The Registered Nurse provides advanced life support for critically ill/injured patients at the scene and during transport as part of the air transport team. Responsibilities:
- Responds to calls via flight, evaluates the scene of an accident and notifies appropriate authorities/requests additional assistance as required.
- Performs patient assessment and triage; provides advanced life support and/or emergency care as needed before and during transport.
- Contacts receiving medical personnel, reports observations and follows directives.
- Determines appropriate mode of transport and assists with locating and establishing a landing zone for the aircraft.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation.
- Drivers License credentialed from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
- Certified Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- NRP, STABLE, Cardiac STABLE. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required. Work Experience:
- Minimum 3 years RN in critical care transport. How To Apply Service of the Poor. Reverence. Integrity. Wisdom. Creativity. Dedication.
These are the Core Values we uphold at St.Vincent. If they describe you, you may be a good candidate to join our nationally-recognized team at one of our many Indiana ministries. To view our job openings, visit To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button. Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities. The Spirit of Caring Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: St. Vincent Health, IN, Indianapolis , Registered Nurse (RN) - Critical Care Transport, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!