Registered Nurse - 2nd Shift
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Fairbanks - Indianapolis, INPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level 4 Year DegreeTravel Percentage NoneJob Shift 2nd ShiftJob Category Health CareRole Summary Come be a part of the Fairbanks experience - "GIVE VALUE - BE VALUED" Same Mission, New Era - We are still your recognized leader in battling addiction, but we need you to come and help us find new ways every day to fight this fight. As a Registered Nurse, doing admission assessments may be a big part of your day, this is where you help ensure that clients are getting the appropriate level of care at the Hospital. Establishing a compassionate environment for the patients and building a rapport with the clients and families by offering emotional and psychological support is also a big part of your job. You work closely with our physicians as part of the treatment team. Your case load consists of charting on patients to notice signs of withdraw, diabetic, hypertension, etc. Duties include but not limited to:
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects clients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in client and department records.
- Maintains continuity among teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Functions as team lead by collaborating effectively with other team members on an ongoing basis, as evidenced by directing efforts to meet team/patient needs, effective management of emergencies and the milieu through re-prioritization of tasks, adjustment of work pace to meet deadlines, and assistance to team members as needed.
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders for supplies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care team by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem solving methods.
- Follows the incident reporting policy and procedure in reporting any potential safety issues.
- Role models problem solving as the effective means of resolving conflict.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with staff, management, and other members of the health care team.
- Exercises good judgment and discretion in deviating from policy in circumstances where strict adherence would pose a risk to the patient, visitor, staff or facility.
- Able to accurately and appropriately complete a suicide/homicide risk assessment as demonstrated by a passing score on an exam, clinical supervision, direct observation, auditing and/or training.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the detox process and use of medications, including side-effects/potential reactions by successfully completing annual competency examination.
- Provides clinical direction to staff and evaluates the level of care provided by the nursing staff on assigned shifts Holds staff accountable for functioning in a reduced risk manner. Key Deliverables Qualifications
- Nursing Diploma prefer Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Current RN License in in State of operations required.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Knowledge of addiction and drug treatment preferred Fairbanks also takes pride in providing our employees with the following:
- A diverse culture that is also supportive, positive, and empowering
- Excellent on-site cafeteria/caf--
- Discounts with local merchants and more! Company Overview: At Fairbanks, we help people overcome the addictions tearing through our families, neighborhoods and communities. You could be a part of it. Right here on front lines teamed with a dedicated staff working to help those struggling with addiction get their lives back. And while it won't be easy, every day we are seeing the difference we make.
Keywords: Fairbanks, Indianapolis , Registered Nurse - 2nd Shift, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!