Health Services Administrator
Company: Wexford Health
Posted on: January 15, 2019
--NEW YEAR....NEW CAREER!!--Wexford has an exceptional opportunity for a--Health Services Administrator--to join our team of healthcare professionals at Indiana Women's Correctional Facility in Indianapolis, IN.------Wexford of Indiana, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality.-- For nearly two decades, Wexford has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.At Wexford our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone.-- We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue. --We're proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account--POSITION SUMMARYThe Health Services Administrator (H.S.A.) is responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the institution's overall health care delivery system and monitoring all health service contract activities; functions as health care authority for NCCHC and ACA; consults with the Regional Manager or designee regarding routine institutional issues of an administrative nature; and discusses issues of a complex or unusual clinical nature involving patient management with clinical leadership.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a liaison between Health Services and the institution administration, department heads, subordinates, as well as with the Indiana regional office and Pittsburgh corporate office.
- Develop and implement institutional directives and procedures to comply with administrative directives of the facility.
- Conduct department health and staff meetings and attend facility meetings and training as required including MAC, CQI and other meetings as required.
- Direct orientation to the health care unit, the institution, and in-service educational programs for health service staff to comply with the facilities' and ACA standards as applicable.
- With the approval of the Regional Manager, attend facility HSA/Medical Director meetings or other activities as scheduled.
- Supervise department heads in the resolution of health care unit personnel issues or complaints, and/or directly intervening in problem areas to ensure prompt resolution involving the institutional administration, contractor, if applicable, or Indiana regional office or Pittsburgh corporate office personnel as necessary.
- Supervise department heads in the operations of pharmacy, medical records, nursing, lab, x-ray, etc.
- Provide for the routine meetings and functions required by administrative directives, including Quality Assurance, Chronic Clinics, Pharmacy and Therapeutics, and Health Care Unit staff meetings. Submit meeting minutes to Regional Manager.
- Coordinate and monitor preparation of the institutional health services budget with the Regional Manager.
- Supervise requisition of supplies and equipment to ensure appropriate usage and availability; and maintain property and equipment control records as required.
- Approve monthly statistical reports and ensure timely submission; completes all necessary reports on a timely basis.
- Ensure the confidential maintenance and safekeeping of all medical records and information to comply with HIPAA regulations.
- Coordinate the review and approval of all facility health-related billings (AIDS, chronic dialysis treatments, autopsies, etc.)
- Perform administrative employee relations functions to include: supervision of performance, recruitment and selection, developing job descriptions, conducting performance reviews, implementing corrective action and individual development plans, scheduling and approving PTO, etc.
- Supervise scheduling of patients for outside appointments.
- Review initial hospital specialty referrals with the Medical Director to ensure appropriateness and oversee interactions with medical specialists.
- Resolution of audit findings through the development, implementation and monitoring of corrective action plans.
- Evaluate and respond to Risk Management department inquiries, complaints or grievances by patients, family members, lawyers or other advocates.
- Work jointly with clinical and education staff to ensure that appropriate training in CPR and First Aid is completed per regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Assist staff with various policies administrative and organizational projects.
- Collaborate with co-workers and coordinate internal projects, as directed.
- Participate in a company and state-approved CQI Program.
- Participate in in-service education.
- Make suggestions for improving work conditions.
- Conforms to Wexford of Indiana, LLC, and facility regulations as appropriate, to include, but not limited to: dress code, schedule/time sheet, safety and security regulations, procedure for paid-time-off/education seminars--The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONSStandard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.--TRAVEL: Minimal travel within the region and to the Indiana regional office required.LICENSING: Unrestricted Registered Nurse license preferred.CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Health Care related field preferred.PREFERRED EXPERIENCE:
- Two to three years of management experience in a health care setting
- Correctional experience preferredOTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong leadership ability and ability to influence and delegate appropriately
- Strong critical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance/punctuality
- Flexible, dependable, and reliable
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- General math and analytical skills and planning, administrative and organizational skills essential
- Demonstrated experience meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability to competently manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a stressful environment
- Assume individual accountability for own conduct and maintenance of professional appearance
- Approach change in a positive manner
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as a "team player" coordinating efforts with managers, peers and subordinatesEOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Wexford Health, Indianapolis , Health Services Administrator, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!