Radiation Therapist - Outpatient Cancer Center
Posted on: February 16, 2019
We Are Hiring Radiation Therapist - Outpatient Cancer Center - PRN Day - Indianapolis-8301 Harcourt Rd - Indianapolis, INMust be able to work flexible shiftsStart as early as 7am and as late at 10pmWhy Join Employer? St. Vincent, part of Employer, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.What You Will Do As a Radiation Therapist with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to administers radiation therapy by exposing specific areas of the patient's body to prescribed doses of radiation.Responsibilities:
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic parameters accurately.
- Delivers appropriate patient treatment plan in collaboration with physician and dosimetrist.
- Maintains detailed records of all therapy sessions.
- Maintains and adjusts necessary equipment, including linear accelerator.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiation Therapy credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Employer will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Employer will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement St. Vincent, a member of Employer Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Indianapolis , Radiation Therapist - Outpatient Cancer Center, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!