Registered Nurse (RN) - April Training Class
Posted on: March 19, 2019
DaVita is hiring a full-time Registered Nurse to administer dialysis in our chronic, clinic environment located in northwest Indianapolis by Ethel Acres. Dialysis experience is not required; our next regional training class starts April 15, 2019.Expectations at DaVita
- Long term patient relationships. Build meaningful relationship with patients and their family in an intimate outpatient setting.
- A team that feels and functions like a family. Staff RNs are a central part of a small interdisciplinary team of clinicians. Work alongside technicians, nurses, dietitians, social workers, physicians and the center manager.
- Fun is one of our core values. Happier nurses = healthier patients.
- Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
- Fast paced. Our RNs oversee up to 16 patients at a given time, and up to 6 Patient Care Technicians who assist with patient observations, measuring stats and machine set-up. You will work hard with your head, heart and hands each day.
- Schedule. RNs work 3-4 days/week, Mon-Sat (closed Sundays). Schedule times will vary by location but most of our RNs work early morning or day shifts between 4am-10pm. Some holidays required.
- Clinical leader: DaVita has the highest percentage of facilities meeting or exceeding CMS's standards in the government's two key performance programs. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.DaVita Provides an Environment of Growth
- In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 9-12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
- Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
- Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
- 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
- Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much moreRegistered Nurse Job Description
- Supervises and performs direct patient care including but not limited to taking and monitoring vital signs, initiation and termination of dialysis, documentation, physical assessment of patients and patient treatments, taking and transcription of physician's orders, drawing and documentation of ordered laboratory work
- Notes signs of trauma, patients' general physical and mental condition, reviews dialysis orders, documents observations in patient medical records
- Analyzes patient assessments, laboratory data and, when concerns are noted, brings issues to the attention of the physician
- Communicates all emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, Medical Director, Regional Operations Director, Facility or Group Facility Administrator
- Assesses patient and family learning readiness and provides appropriate information on renal disease, prescribed dialysis treatment, and medical regimen and its impact on the patient's state of health and wellbeing
- Provides dialysis therapy, including but not limited to formulating dialysis plan per physician orders, weight and rate of ultrafiltration, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, discontinuing dialysis according to established procedure, documenting all activity appropriately
- Instructs patients on pre- and post-dialysis care
- Administers patient quality care in a considerate, respectful manner
- Participates in the development and implementation of the patient's short and long term plan of care and monthly progress note
- A facility may be selected to participate in research study(ies) under the guidance of DaVita Clinical Research. Any clinical or administrative duty required by the study protocol, which is provided during the course of a patient's treatment, is considered an essential duty of the jobRegistered Nurse Requirements
- Nursing degree from accredited school of nursing required
- New graduate, less than one year after obtaining license
- Less than three months of dialysis experience
- Current RN license in state of practice
- Current CPR certification required
- Completes training programs approved by the medical director and the governing body as required by CMS
- Preferred: Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), Emergency Room (ER), or Medical Surgical (Med Surg) experience
- Preferred: Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN)Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at
Keywords: DaVita, Indianapolis , Registered Nurse (RN) - April Training Class, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!