Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical Unit- FT Days - Indianapolis
Posted on: March 19, 2019
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse (RN) - Oncology Surgical Unit - Full-Time, Day - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis, IN
Why Join Ascension?
- Nurses are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, St Vincent Health prides itself in employing some of the best nurses in Indiana. And while we pride ourselves in having some of the most experienced nurses in the state, we always welcome exceptional new nurses who are eager to join us! ASCENSION IS THE LAREST NON-PROFIT HEALTH CARE SYSTEM IN THE COUNTRY! Think about that a minute - Think about the opportunity you have. St. Vincent has been dedicated to improving the health of Indiana communities for more than 140 years, with over 20 health ministries serving in central and southern Indiana. More than 16,000 associates and 3,000 physicians provide a broad range of medical expertise and services - offering compassionate and personalized care for those they serve. The Three Doves in the St. Vincent logo represent the care for mind, body and spirit, especially for those who feel they have few options. As a faith-based health organization, we respect and care for individuals from all walks of life and have shown many times that our holistic cancer care approach is working. We begin and end each day with the same focus - to deliver high-quality, patient-centered cancer care so that our patients and their loved ones have options and opportunities to thrive.
We believe that St. Vincent is a top workplace and here are a few reasons you should consider joining the Ascension family:
- We are LOCAL. Our people, our facilities, our patients are all right here in your very own city. We provide local partnerships with community schools and organizations. We serve over 2.2 million patients annually, right here in Indiana.
- We PROVIDE for your future, allowing many opportunities to advance and even tuition reimbursement.
- St. Vincent is the 8th largest employer in the STATE with over 20 hospitals and we were voted one of the 15 Best Health Systems in the Nation! What You Will Do
- You will practice at a high level of autonomy and accountability in collaboration with oncologists and the inter-professional Health-care team to provide a continuum of patient care from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, palliation, bereavement and survivorship
- You will provide holistic nursing care to meet the emotional, psychological, informational, spiritual and practical needs of patients throughout the spectrum of cancer care
- You will demonstrate the ability of "being there" for the patient throughout their illness experience by acknowledging the patient's reality and encouraging hope
- You will assist the patient to identify psychosocial needs and concerns; and offers appropriate resources through information provision, education and referral
- You will demonstrate counselling skills in assisting patient and family with coping mechanisms throughout the continuum of care from diagnosis to survivorship/end of life
- You will continually evaluate the effectiveness of patient's care in relation to quality of life and expected outcomes and modify the plan and nursing interventions as necessary.
- Our Unit
- We are a fast-paced unit located on the 6 th floor at St Vincent's main campus. 2001 West 86th Street, Indianapolis, IN
- We are a split unit -
- 6E -26 beds of general surgical oncology patients and recently added urology patients. Patients average stay is 3 -5 days - you will get to know your doctors as they all come from the group. 6W- 20 beds of which 10 beds are progressive care and 10 beds are Head and Neck specialties. This unit is on the cutting edge of research and technology. No Chemo or Radiation is administered on this unit but rather the Cyber Knife and other such treatments as leach therapy.
- What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Work Experience:
- None required. Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Indianapolis , Registered Nurse (RN) - Surgical Unit- FT Days - Indianapolis, Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!