Medical Lab Technician (MLT)
Posted on: August 16, 2019
We Are Hiring Medical Lab Technician (MLT) - SVMG Clinical Lab -
Part-Time, Rotating - Indianapolis-8333 Naab Rd - Indianapolis,
INThis position will be rotating shifts of 6:30-3p, 7-3:30pm,
8:30-5pm during week Mon-Thursday and Friday shift will be 1:30-10
or 2:30-11pm. This will also require a rotation of once every 4th
or 5th week on call for weekend with minimum one call back.Why Join
Ascension? St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit,
faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide
compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are
vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana's largest employers with
22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana.
Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services
including cardiovascular care, women's and children's health,
neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care,
emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute
care. What You Will Do As a Medical Lab Technician (MLT) with St.
Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to perform routine
diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and
interprets, documents and reports test results under the
supervision of a medical technologist/medical laboratory
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures
for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection,
and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Responsible for training and mentoring of staff and
students.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Clinical Laboratory Technician obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Society for
Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior
to hire date or job transfer date.
- Laboratory Tech credentialed from the American Medical
Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required Work Experience:
- None required.Equal Employment Opportunity St.Vincent is an
EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for
more information. EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify
Statement St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates
in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to
Keywords: Ascension, Indianapolis , Medical Lab Technician (MLT), Healthcare , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!