Company: Huse Culinary
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Line Cook Essential Job Functions
- Communicate all food equipment concerns to management.
- Be accurate in presentation, cleanliness, and timing.
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products
- Be sure all food item temperatures are cooked and served at
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and
other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and
a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Ensure food is cooked according to standard portion sizes and
- Assist with and maintain a clean and sanitary work
- Assist with cleaning, sanitizing, and organizing kitchen,
walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Maintain a professional kitchen environment by actively
participating in routine and special cleaning projects.
- Record HACCP and line checks daily.
- Follow the closing checklist to properly close kitchen stations
and assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the
Executive and Sous Chefs.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive
attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your co-workers.
Line Cook Job Requirements
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in kitchen preparation and
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling
- Understand federal, state, and local food handling
- State certified in food handling procedures.
- Restaurant experience preferred. Line Cook Work
Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject to reasonable
accommodations if warranted)
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and
lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Line Cook Schedule
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants'
requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some
- Must maintain regular attendance. Line Cook Uniform
- Clean black slip-resistant shoes and black socks.
- Clean, full length, black pressed slacks.
- White chef coat. (Company provided)
- Company hat is worn during a shift. Equal Employment
Opportunity Policy Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Line Cook
Job Functions Disclaimer The above statement reflects the general
functions of this job and shall not be interpreted as a detailed
description of all the work requirements inherent in this role. The
immediate supervisor may expand upon the above list if it is
determined that additional duties fall within the partners' scope
of responsibility. PM19 PI174100912
Keywords: Huse Culinary, Indianapolis , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!