Production Supervisor - Night Shift (REQ190)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionProduction Supervisor (Night
Shift)Crawfordsville, INSpartech, LLC is looking for a Production
Supervisor to join our team in Crawfordsville, IN.The
Crawfordsville operation of the organization specializes in
extruding and converting flat plastic sheet. The flat plastic sheet
can then be converted into different products. It may have graphics
added, then die cut into license plates, the lamp shade dogs need
to wear after a visit to the veterinary clinic, signage, file
folders, 3-ring binders, covers for school date books, packaging,
for example. We reuse our scrap plastic whenever possible to create
our environmentally friendly products. This position is on the 11
pm to 7 am shift, but training will occur on the day shift. General
Summary and Essential Duties & ResponsibilitiesSupervises the
activities of assigned hourly production associates to ensure
adequate, efficient production levels while maintaining established
quality levels, scheduled ship dates and safety protocols.Key
Responsibilities to include:
- Interviews, hires, promotes, trains, evaluates, and disciplines
subordinates in accordance with established rules and
- Continually monitors plant conditions and associate actions for
compliance to established safety regulations and takes immediate
corrective action when necessary. Investigates accidents and
prepare necessary reports.
- Maintains attendance records for assigned associates.
- Responsible for following all established company rules.
- Maintains records and submits reports relating to manpower,
material, maintenance, quality, schedules, and safety. Recommends
- Operates within established department budget and prepares
monthly budget commentary.
- Suggests, investigates, and participates in cost
- Conducts required monthly shift meetings, issues minutes and
conducts follow up on action items.
- Reviews efficiency reports for accuracy and follows up with
associates if necessary.
- Maintains a working knowledge of equipment and processes, while
keeping current on technological advances in area of
- Oversees routine preventive maintenance and requests repairs as
required to ensure equipment is maintained in a proper manner.
- Maintains good housekeeping, safety, and industrial hygiene
- Reviews and corrects information in E-Time for timekeeping of
production associates hours.
- Ensures that attendance issues are reported and handled in
accordance with the attendance policy. RequirementsRequired
- High School diploma or GED equivalency, plus five (5) years in
a manufacturing environment or a four (4) year college degree
- Knowledge of manufacturing production methods, quality
assurance techniques and general safety programs is
- Plastics manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience or four (4) years of
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Good human relations skillsThis position reports to the site
Plant Manager.BenefitsWe offer competitive salary, incentives, and
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Life & Short/Long-term Disability
- Dependent and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- 401k with Company Match.
- Monthly productivity bonuses.
- Potential for bi-monthly attendance bonuses.
- Annual quality bonus.
- Eligible for vacation after 6 months.
- During your training period your performance will occasionally
be reviewed with the possibility of wage increases.Spartech LLC,
headquartered in Maryland Heights, Missouri is a leading
manufacturing organization in the Custom Sheet & Roll Stock and
Packaging industries with numerous locations throughout the United
States. We have a broad customer base with extensive product
offerings. Many of our materials are used in products you might see
every day for example if you start your morning with a yogurt or
your child eats a single serving peanut butteryou may have already
seen some of our materials. More unique uses of our materials can
be seen in Military or security applications, for example, with
bullet proof materials. From routine daily-life to life-saving
applicationswe make a difference. Our broad scope of products and
services keep our environment interesting and challenging with a
culture focused on success.Spartech, LLC provides equal employment
opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status,
or other legally protected classification in the state in which a
person is seeking employment. Spartech will use E-Verify to ensure
employment eligibility of newly hired employees where
Keywords: Spartech, Indianapolis , Production Supervisor - Night Shift (REQ190), Hospitality & Tourism , Crawfordsville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!