Laborer - Buildings and Grounds - Bakery Plant
Company: Conagra Brands, Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Safety, demonstrate behaviors in support of company safety
procedures with focus on zero injuries.
* Quality, demonstrate behaviors in support of quality work
processes to include documentation and sanitary practices.
* Continuous Improvement, actively support the Conagra Performance
System-CPS. Experience high performance work systems; 5S, working
in teams, problem solving, six sigma, TPM, training, continuous
skills development-CSD, auditing, planned and/or autonomous
* Follow and comply with all Safe Quality Food (SQF) and Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
* Ability to maintain mastery on all skill sets that the associate
has been certified on through ongoing skills audits and
* Perform routine lubrication and maintain oil levels of plant-wide
* Monitor and maintain industrial and office infrastructure
systems, including lighting, city water, and drains.
* Monitor and maintain outdoor plant grounds and walkways,
including snow removal.
* Direct and supervise external contractors on facility improvement
and repair projects.
* Troubleshoot, repair, and rebuild pumps and valves.
* Assemble and move equipment, storage cabinets, and office
* Keep up to date records of maintenance work orders, needed
repairs, and parts requests and inventories.
* Assist maintenance personnel in maintaining stationary support
systems and production equipment and machinery.
* Competent in the use of electrical testing equipment and basic
* Capable of performing small installations, (conduit and other
* Have math skills as needed for measuring and calculating
* Be able to identify electrical components and follow wiring
* Perform duties with speed, precision, and conscientiousness and
with a high regard for workplace safety.
* Work overtime as required to achieve production and maintenance
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Keep work areas and equipment clean and safe.
* The ability to meet attendance requirements.
* The ability to interact effectively and professionally with
* Experience working in a production, manufacturing or distribution
environment for 3+ months
* Experience working with hand tools and using machine shop tools
and techniques to fabricate and repair machine parts
* Experience reading and interpreting blue prints and electrical
* Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
* Associate of Applied Science or equivalent two (2) year college
* Experience working in an automated food processing or packaging
* Experience welding using oxyacetylene cutting torch, ARC welder
and plasma cutter
* Two (2) years of experience maintaining industrial equipment and
machinery. Including experience replacing chains, bearings,
bushings, and wear parts on mechanical equipment; troubleshooting
and calibrating timed machinery and electronic instrumentation and
controls; and maintaining pneumatic and hydraulic lines, fittings,
* Experience working in an automated machinery environment (with
PLCs or MMIs)
* Experience working in a USDA, FDA, OSHA, or GMP compliant
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Sit, stand, walk and climb stairs during time on duty
* May be subject to blood borne pathogens and other infectious
illnesses, occupational hazardous materials and associated
protective activities and donning personal protective equipment
* Monitoring, rebuilding, and repairing equipment
* Ascending and descending from step ladders and extension
* Notice and be able to attend and distinguish normal from abnormal
noises in equipment and machinery. Listen and respond to fork lift
truck safety beeps and public announcement intercom system
* Basic computer skills and ability to operate monitoring equipment
* Physically able to respond timely to emergency situations at
The specific statements shown in each section of this description
are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical
elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job
successfully. The Company recognizes that an individual with a
disability may require an accommodation to enable him/her to
successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given to
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the
following, subject to your location and role:
* Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life,
accident and disability insurance
* Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
* Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
* Balance: paid-time off, parental leave, flexible work-schedules
(subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food
companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team
that's passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers
choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye
-, Marie Callender's -, Banquet -, Healthy Choice -, Slim Jim -,
Reddi-wip -, and Vlasic -, and emerging brands, including Angie's -
BOOMCHICKAPOP -, Duke's -, Earth Balance -, Gardein -, and Frontera
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and
inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers
qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race,
color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave
status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any
other characteristic or status protected by national, federal,
state or local law.
Keywords: Conagra Brands, Inc., Indianapolis , Laborer - Buildings and Grounds - Bakery Plant, Hospitality & Tourism , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!