Housekeeping Guest Service Representative
Company: Red Roof Inns
Posted on: April 18, 2019
The Housekeeping Guest Service Representative (GSR) is responsible
for maintaining a positive guest experience by preparing clean and
comfortable rooms within a given timeframe and in accordance with
Red Roof Inns brand standards. This position is critical to ensure
quality service to our guests and upholding our Red Roof Inn Hassle
Free Guarantee, while working with members of the hotel team,
maintaining room quality as well as safety and security of the
Duties and Responsibilities
* Using Red Roof Inns set expectations and processes, follow
directions thoroughly to monitor and maintain cleanliness,
sanitation and organization of guest rooms and other areas.
* Ability to remove and replace dirty linens and terry, change and
make beds, clean bathroom and vanity areas, vacuum and dust.
* Smiles and greets guests, maintains positive guest relations and
appropriately handles guest requests.
* Restock and transport cart with cleaning supplies, linens, terry,
amenities to assigned guest rooms and position securely.
* Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces/areas
according to OSHA regulations and Red Roof Inn requirements.
* Communicate with front desk staff about room information,
maintenance cards, lost and found items and any discrepancies
between stayovers and checkouts.
* Inspect room fixtures and accessories for proper location,
operation and function; reporting to maintenance and front desk any
* Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel
* Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions.
* Ability to exert physical effort in operating cleaning equipment
and transporting housekeeping carts (up to 50lbs) as well as endure
various physical movements throughout the work areas during
* Comply with all Red Roof Inn and OSHA standards related to safety
* Provide special services for guests upon request.
* Set heating/cooling equipment on proper setting.
* Performing self-room inspections and accepting feedback from room
quality inspections performed by inn management and trained team
* Cross train in laundry, maintenance, and/or front desk job
functions, if possible.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 1-2 years in a previous customer service position.
* Some administrative duties required (timekeeping system, rooms
cleaned reports, etc.).
* Must maintain professional appearance in Red Roof Inn provided
uniform with consistently friendly attitude towards guests and
* Must be able to easily and frequently change from one task to
another and work with minimal supervision.
* Frequent lifting and bending required.
* May be required to work nights, weekend and/or holidays.
Because Red Roof Inn hotels may be exterior corridor hotels, the
physical environment may require the employee to work both inside
and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
Position may come into contact with pets. Employee is required to
use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous
chemicals/materials. Regularly scheduled hours may include nights,
weekend and holidays. Schedules vary based on business need.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit,
climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or
move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
RED ROOF INNS INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Red Roof Inns, Indianapolis , Housekeeping Guest Service Representative, Hospitality & Tourism , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!