Company: Huse Culinary
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Prep Cook Description:
Prep Cook Essential Job Functions
- Communicate all food equipment concerns to management.
- Assume 100% responsibility for the quality of products
- Be sure all food item temperatures are cooked and served at
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables, and
other food items for cooking in a variety of kitchen
- Portion food products prior to cooking according to standard
portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Assist in food prep assignments as needed.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of food products at line
stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Properly handle, store, label, and rotate all
- Assist with and maintain a clean and sanitary work
- Assist with cleaning, sanitizing, and organizing kitchen,
walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Maintain a professional kitchen environment by actively
participating in routine and special cleaning projects.
- Record HACCP and line checks daily.
- Follow the closing checklist to properly close kitchen stations
and assist others in closing the kitchen.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the
Executive and Sous Chefs.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive
attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your
Prep Cook Requirements:
Prep Cook Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in kitchen preparation and
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling
- Understand federal, state, and local food handling
- State certified in food handling procedures.
- Restaurant experience preferred.
Prep Cook Work Environment/General Physical Requirements (subject
to reasonable accommodations if warranted)
- Ability to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching above shoulder level, and
lifting/carrying up to 40 pounds
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 9 hours).
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced
Prep Cook Schedule
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the restaurants'
requirements. Will require weekend, evening, and some
- Must maintain regular attendance.
Prep Cook Uniform
- Clean black slip resistant shoes and black socks.
- Clean, full length, black pressed slacks.
- White chef coat. (Company provided)
- Company hat is worn during a shift.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Huse Culinary, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.
Job Functions Disclaimer
The above statement reflects the general functions of this job and
shall not be interpreted as a detailed description of all the work
requirements inherent in this role. The immediate supervisor may
expand upon the above list if it is determined that additional
duties fall within the partners' scope of responsibility.
Keywords: Huse Culinary, Indianapolis , Prep Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!