Line Cook - Full-Time
Company: Benihana National Corp
Posted on: August 24, 2019
Location: US-OH-CincinnatiID: 2019-15932# of Openings: 5Category:
OperationsStore Number: 1015Doing Business As: Benihana
CincinnatiBusiness Unit: Benihana National Corp.Position Type:
Responsible for all grilled, broiled, fried and sauted items
prepared in the kitchen. Preparation and portioning of food items
prior to cooking, such as tempura items, sauces, and grilled items.
Other duties include plating and garnishing cooked items.
Responsible for maintaining a sanitary kitchen workstation.
In accordance with Benihana's service and cooking procedures:
- Prepares or directs preparations of all recipes in compliance
with portions sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
and procedures in the Benihana Kitchen Guide and the Employee
- Prepares an extensive variety of cold and hot food items
utilizing standardized recipes.
- Prepares specially requested items.
- Plan food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so
that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food is
- Selects/utilizes knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to
portion, cut, slice, broil, roast, carve, skewer, garnish, maintain
holding temperature, grill or otherwise produce food on the kitchen
- Comply with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene,
and health standards, observe proper food preparation and handling
techniques as outlined in the Benihana Kitchen Guide and Employee
- Keeps Head Kitchen Chef informed of inventories.
- Report necessary equipment repair and maintenance to the
- Brings to the attention of the Head Kitchen Chef any unsanitary
equipment, storage/work areas and/or products.
- Communicates with Lead Line Cook to facilitate customer orders
efficiently and within required ticket times.
- Follows all federal, state, and local laws, codes and
regulations outlined by the General Manager and the Employee
- Keep work area neat, organized and clean at all times; clean
and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
Experience and Education:
- Experience in the restaurant industry is a plus.
- Bilingual preferred.
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
Food Knowledge, Preparation, Production and Safety: Ability to
prepare food for consumption with background knowledge of proper
techniques and equipment to be used. Knowledge of industry
standards on beverage and food storage and handling techniques is
highly desirable.Where applicable, holds a state and/or local food
Physical Demands: Must be able to perform a variety of physical
activities including, but not limited to, standing for long periods
of time, climbing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping and lifting
up to 55 lbs. Ability to carry and lift cookware (pots, pans, etc)
containing hot or cool foods and liquids. Ability to use sharp
knives and cooking utensils. Must be able to use cleaning compounds
and cleaning products. Must be able carry large bins filled with
dishes, silverware and other eating utensils. Exposure to hot
and/or cold temperatures required (stove, freezer, etc.)
Shift Flexibility: Must be able to work different shifts, include
holidays, nights and weekends. Must be able to work overtime as
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network! Text "Benihana" to
Keywords: Benihana National Corp, Indianapolis , Line Cook - Full-Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Cincinnati, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!