HR Business Partner
Company: The Heritage Group
Posted on: February 22, 2021
7% match on 401K, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short-term,
Long-Term, Education Assistance, and Employee Assistance Program
Title: HR Business Partner Department: Human Resources Company: AMI
Date Opened: February 2021 Status: Exempt Location: Indianapolis
Are you a trusted HR partner who enjoys engaging with employees,
have an innovative mindset, and looking for a career with a company
that recognizes the value and offers room for growth? If so, join
our team as an HR Business Partner! Job Summary : As the Human
Resources Business Partner (HRBP) for Asphalt Materials Inc. (AMI),
you will be field-based and responsible for partnering strategic
development and day-to-day execution of talent and HR needs across
our growing asphalt business. This HRBP role will work with
companies that have been acquired in Wisconsin and Illinois in the
last two years. Integration experience is crucial to this role. You
will support all plant-based functions, such as safety, operations,
QC, sales, and plant administration within their geographic
territory. You are critical to champion and execute various
organizational and people initiatives essential for continued value
creation, including talent attraction and development, diversity
and inclusion, employee relations, performance management, and
compliance. You will support several locations throughout the
Midwest in various functions and roles; these plants can range
anywhere from 3 to 50 employees. You are a seasoned people
navigator and field-based HR generalist who has demonstrated an
ability to work effectively across various organizational
leadership levels. Your Impact:
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Director, People &
Organization, and front-line managers to support the execution and
implementation of critical people development and talent processes.
Demonstrate business knowledge to contribute to critical people
- Develop and execute talent strategy through employee
engagement, succession planning, and learning and development.
- Influence workforce planning efforts and drive efficiency and
process improvement enable a robust, devoted, and highly productive
workplace through enhanced recruiting, talent development,
diversity and inclusion efforts, and performance management, among
other facets of strong talent organizations.
- Provide consultation and support on organization development
and overall effectiveness to align with AMI's strategic vision and
- Proactively consult, engage, and manage organizational change
efforts within the field.
- Effectively deal with all HR compliance, risk management, and
employee management situations as they arise, ensuring the safety
of employees, individuals, teams, and the organization in the
- Collaborate with Heritage Group recruiter to support
recruitment and onboarding efforts to include both hourly and plant
leadership positions. Ensure effective onboarding of employees by
supporting leaders in creating onboarding, immersion, and
employees' training plans.
- Lead employee relations and employee engagement. Serve as a
company advocate and catalyst to develop and maintain a highly
engaged and productive workforce, including building capability in
individual contributors and front-line managers for leading
employees. Advise front-line management on employment policies and
procedures to improve working practices and productivity without
adverse impact on regulatory/legal compliance, company reputation,
or employee engagement'execution of investigations, when
- Collaborate with HR Director to ensure compensation programs
drive the desired behaviors and results while maintaining internal
equity and diversity equality.
- Enroll business in new practices and policies, as appropriate,
through effective change leadership. Support employees with daily
HR needs such as leaves benefits and general HR questions. What you
- Proven experience at championing and influencing change across
a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly build trust and credibility with clients and
colleagues and engage them to deliver the HR agenda in
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent presence and professionalism
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Travel 30%-40%
- Previous experience in a field-based plant setting, chemical
industry, or other industrial companies a plus.
- Has worked in an environment where you must change tasks fast,
be flexible, and embrace the "grey" rather than strict black and
- Worked as the support or lead agent when onboarding and
integrating a new business.
- Prefer at least five years of HR Business experience
- Proven track record of HR business partnering across the range
of core HR disciplines (Employee Relations /Labor Relations,
Learning & Development, Compensation & Reward, Talent Management,
Compliance, Change Management) What is your preferred method of
Keywords: The Heritage Group, Indianapolis , HR Business Partner, Human Resources , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!