Company: Securitas USA
Posted on: June 25, 2022
HR SpecialistWage: $16.00 - $18.00/hourWe help make your world a
safer place.Are you interested in being part of our Security
- Apply quickly and efficiently online
- Interview from the convenience of your own home
- Weekly pay
- Competitive benefits
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Referral BonusWe are driven by a clear corporate
culture and purpose, which helps us live according to our values of
Integrity, Vigilance, and Helpfulness. These values are at the
heart of our culture, help define who we are and guide our
actions.JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of responsible
administrative functions that may include payroll, human resources,
office management, scheduling, accounts payable and/or accounts
receivable. May serve as a lead to office staff. Distinguishing
Characteristics: Primary job function is performing general
administrative support of a responsible nature. ESSENTIAL
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
- Performs a variety of office administrative functions, such as
preparing correspondence and reports, processing mail, telephone
and in-person reception, and filing.
- Schedules meetings and conferences and assists with travel
- Processes paperwork for benefits enrollment of new associates
per client contracts; monitors assignment of associates to various
client sites to ensure continued eligibility of the associate for
benefits; coordinates enrollment and changes with Region or
operations center benefits function.
- Inputs scheduling/payroll data into automated resource system;
verifies associate hours worked to contract requirements;
determines overtime rates and billing hours; completes payroll
documents for corrections.
- Reconciles all payroll entries and invoices; verifies and
distributes paychecks; processes payroll for terminated associates
in required time frame.
- Reviews client billings and ensures proper billing amounts;
reconciles payroll data to time sheets and accounts receivable to
time sheets and makes adjustments; responds to client questions and
reconciles discrepancies; prepares invoice corrections.
- Reviews all accounts payable and ensures timely payment;
verifies amounts and calls vendors on any discrepancies.
- Contacts clients to set up payment plans on past due
- May serve as Office Manager and provide lead direction to
administrative and/or support staff. 10. Performs tasks and duties
of a similar nature and scope as required for assigned office.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY: Additional qualifications may be
specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the
position. MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug screen and background
investigation. Education/Experience: High School Diploma or G.E.D.
and 2 years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience sufficient to perform the essential
functions of the job, as determined by the company. Competencies
(as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Thorough understanding of standard office procedures and
- Demonstrated knowledge of mathematical concepts including
computation of rates, ratios, percentages, averages and
- Ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagrammatic, or schedule form.
- Ability to use personal computers and office productivity
- Ability to write original correspondence.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and project coordination
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across
- Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects
- Courteous and professional telephone manner, with accuracy in
- Strong customer and results orientation. WORKING CONDITIONS
(Physical/Mental Demands):With or without reasonable accommodation,
requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively
all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands
of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff and the public, occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Computer usage which may include prolonged periods of data
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally
up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.See
a different world.EOE/M/F/Vet/DisabilitiesPlease apply using
Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
Keywords: Securitas USA, Indianapolis , HR Specialist, Human Resources , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!