Business Office/Human Resources Manager
Company: Franciscan Ministries
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Overview:Astral of Franklin, a brand new Independent Living,
Assisted Living and Memory Support community located in Franklin,
Indiana is looking for a dynamic Business Office/Human Resource
Manager. The Business Office/Human Resource Manager is responsible
for the complete, timely, and accurate performance of resident
billing and census, payroll, time and attendance, and accounts
payable as well as support the daily functions of the Human
Resource (HR) department including associate relations, benefits
management leaves of absence, and enforcing company policies and
practices.. The incumbent works with the Community and Franciscan
Advisory Services (FAS) team to monitor resident billing and
collections and to administer changes to processes, standards and
policies.At Astral at Franklin, we're redefining the senior living
lifestyle where residents can focus on their health, heart and
soul. We're a community centered around the way you or your loved
one want to live.
Duties and Responsibilities:Finance
- Enters all demographics for new admissions to the
- Maintain and update census in billing software based on
midnight census completed by direct care staff.
- Review daily system dashboards to follow up on any outstanding
information that is needed to complete admission
- Input/download all resident ancillary charges monthly.
- Prints/Reviews Resident Billing Monthly
- Prepares all deposits timely and maintaining a cash log to
reflect any and all deposits. Reconcile with billing system on a
weekly basis and providing Home office information.
- Enters cash receipts and balances all deposits in billing
system to daily cash log.
- Provide monthly reports to all departments as needed.
- Complete and submit long-term care insurance documents, per
- Maintain and manage the Accounts Receivable Aging, following
with past due balances as per previously established
- Meet with Senior Leadership on aging reports monthly to review
outstanding balances and establish next steps
- Review monthly financial statements to assure completion and
- Accounts payable - Assume the role of "gate keeper"; collecting
approved invoice from all department heads and submitting via UPS
according to guidelines established to FAS for processing.
- Assume role of custodian of Petty Cash. Secures, administer,
distribute, reconcile and report petty cash per established
- Review Kronos records each pay period to ensure managers have
approved time cards
- Update Kronos hours for certain nonproductive hours.
- Provide Kronos training to community staff, as necessary
- Enter applicable earnings into Kronos, as necessary.
- Distribute financial statements to department managers, per FAS
distribution guidelines.Human Resources
- Responsible for beginning the full cycle recruitment process
with applicants; Updates job requirements and/or job postings when
- Launches new hire onboarding documents in HRIS system
- Completes and submits new user IT request form for all new
- Properly maintains employee records, files and paperwork
Processes I-9 documents via E-Verify and follows up on cases per
- Takes ID picture and collects information for Associate
- Submits background and physical/drug screenings for new hires,
reviews and clears for hire
- Ensures new hire is orientated and scheduled for day 1
- Responds to general inquiries provides information concerning
associate benefits and/or activities and researches those inquiries
where an immediate response is not readily available.
- Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA related to leaves of
absences/disabilities. Processes and administers leave-of-absence
requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability,
and FMLA. Manages associate relations issues and adheres to the
performance management and progressive discipline process.
- Inputs status change forms information into HRIS System
including but not limited to FTE changes, terminations, promotions,
and/or salary adjustments
- Maintains third party administrator information on policies and
practices as it relates to background check, occupational health,
and leave of absence providers.
- Explains and provides information on employee benefits
programs, enrollment periods, and education
- Refers new hire to Benefits Advisor for additional information
as needed; sends summary of new hires to Benefits advisor
- Communicates , status changes and terminations to Benefits
Specialist in order to ensure benefits are accurately
- Displays all HR compliance posters in employee designated
- Responds to and processes all unemployment claims as
- Administer workers' compensation claims in conjunction with the
Required skills and qualifications:
- Associate's degree in accounting, Bachelor's degree
- Two years accounting or business office experience with
supervisory responsibilities. Four years health care business
office experience or patient accounting with two years supervisory
- Two - three years of working knowledge human resources and
benefit and leave administration and related regulations
- Experience with Microsoft Office required.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, walk, and sit for long
periods of times in order to perform a wide variety of
- Must possess the ability to operate small, hand held equipment
such as a calculator and telephone.
- Must be adept at identifying and responding to customer
- Must possess the ability to meet deadlines and work under
- Must be able to accurately assess a situation and objectively
find a solution.
- Must be able to work in a team and coordinate billing,
collections, and other business office functions.
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Must be able to work in a team.
- Must possess effective communications skills Employee Benefits:
Competitive Compensation Group Health, Dental & Vision Employer
Funded Health Savings Account Life/Disability Insurance 401k Match
Tuition Assistance Generous Paid Time Off About Franciscan Advisory
Services: We believe in our associates and are committed to
creating an environment that is supportive and nurturing of your
career path. We offer competitive compensation and tuition
reimbursement along with training, continuing education and
wellness programs. DFWP/EOE/e-verify Are you ready to write the
next chapter of YOUR story? Franciscan Advisory Services takes the
health and safety of its employees, residents, patients, customers
and their families very seriously. To that end, we have concluded
that the best way to ensure the safety of these individuals is to
mandate that all of our employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Therefore, when considering whether to apply for this position,
please know that in order to become employed by Franciscan Advisory
Services(if otherwise eligible), you must provide satisfactory
proof, such as a vaccine card, that you are fully vaccinated for
COVID-19. You will not be required to provide this proof unless and
until you receive a formal job offer from Franciscan Ministries.
Please also know that Franciscan Advisory Services will provide
accommodations to qualified individuals who cannot receive the
COVID-19 vaccination because of a sincerely held religious belief
or due to a medical issue.
Keywords: Franciscan Ministries, Indianapolis , Business Office/Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Franklin, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!