Human Resources Manager
Company: Fusion Cell, LLC
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Human Resources ManagerWere working with a leading global
disaster response company in central Indiana to find a Human
Resources Manager that will serve as a key member of the leadership
team and a trusted business partner. This role is a strategic,
dynamic hands-on leader that is a proactive communicator and a
change agent. Focused daily on successfully balancing employee
needs with business objectives to create efficient integrated
solutions.POSITION SUMMARYThe HR Manager is responsible for
employee relations, recruitment and retention, onboarding and off
boarding, safety, Paychex/Payroll systems and processes, benefits,
management of employee leaves, handbook, policies and employee
communication, culture, engagement, and employee
events/activities.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: The HR Managers duties
include, but are not limited to:
- Develops and implements HR strategies, initiatives, as well as
the related policies and programs aligned with the overall business
- Serves as a liaison between management and employees with
questions and work-related issues.
- Serves as a trusted agent of the senior management on all
matters relating to employees.
- Prepares and processes weekly payroll functions including
submitting for audit and approval, processing, fixing processing
errors, and verifying accurate payment.
- Maintains understanding of the companys culture, plans,
financial position, and external competition.
- Trusted advisor to senior management team providing guidance
- Works with senior management team on quarterly board
presentations concerning HR goals, metrics, and trends.
- Analyzes data trends and metrics to inform business
- Finds ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships,
and boost productivity and retention.
- Completes monthly, quarterly, annual reporting for the company
for inclusion into audit file for company.
- Nurtures a positive, welcoming working environment.Employee
- Mediates and resolves employee relations issues; conducts
thorough and objective investigations when necessary.
- Collaborates with appropriate leaders/colleagues to develop
policies, programs, and solutions.
- Interprets human resources policy to company management.
- Provides support and guidance to management, and other staff
when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues
arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in
delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations,
investigating allegations of wrongdoing, discrimination, and
- Drives performance management process throughout the
organization and ensures consistency and compliance.
- Ensures compliance with federal, various states, and local
employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices;
reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.Talent
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include
recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants,
for all positions.
- Ensures job descriptions are written, current and are nested
with company overall requirements.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and
proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the
organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Designs, develops and implements continuous employee training
and leadership development platforms for different levels of the
- Manages the PDPs (personal development plans) for managers and
direct reports to ensure growth and career paths are
developed.Compensation & Benefits
- Manages and coordinates the renewal of health benefit products
in collaboration with company brokers.
- Works with benefits broker and insurance carriers on annual
renewal, enhancements, and reconciliation of costs to ensure budget
is adhered to.
- Reports on performance and progress of the department to both
internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.Safety & Health
- Provides leadership in the development, implementation, and
management of EH&S (environment, health and safety policies and
- Trains employees and supervisors to meet and enhance company
- Provides safety training for employees on policies,
regulations, and procedures including but not limited to: OSHA,
Basic First Aid, AED, and Fire Systems.
- Prepares, updates, and enforces policies to establish a culture
of continual health and safety.
- Performs safety compliance inspections including hazard
analysis, safe work procedures, written reports, and
- Serves as companies labor relations (non-legal) representative
for all employee related matters.
- Develops and recommends solutions, improvement opportunities or
new prevention measures and work with supervisors to ensure their
- Prepares safety training, announcements, and reminders for
- Additional duties as needed.
- Complies with and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Coordinate activities to maximize the efficiency of all
- Shares lessons learned and best practices.
- Assist senior management with the oversight of performance
management of workforce including, reviews, corrective action,
career paths, development plans and performance improvement
- Bachelors degree in human resources, business, or a closely
related field required.
- 2+ years in a leadership position.
- 5+ years of progressive Human Resources experience in a similar
role with a similar degree of responsibilities.
- Experience with a variety of HR disciplines including employee
relations, performance management, recruitment, resource planning,
compensation, employee engagement, benefits, and
- Effective research and analytic skills with the ability to draw
conclusions and provide solid recommendations.
- Experience engaging all levels of an organization in a
collaborative and confident style that engenders credibility.
- Robust leadership skills and proven experience managing and
leading a HR team.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- In-depth knowledge of HR practices and an understanding of
- Advanced computer capabilities, including experience using MS
Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point), email and the
- Protects confidential information and sensitive materials.
- Demonstrates even temperament and adaptability at all levels of
the organization as well as outside of the company.
- Servant leader with strong morals, ethics, and sound
- Works methodically and is highly organized and detail
- Manages time efficiently. Ability to manage multiple priorities
without missing deadlines.
- Fosters teamwork, communication, and mutual respect throughout
- Strong and demonstrable strategic skills and the ability to act
as a visionary for the organization.
- Strong business and financial skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%.DESIRED SKILLS:
- SHRM or PHR certification preferred.
- Experience with preparing and presenting HR data to the board a
plus.(Note: This job description is intended to convey information
essential to understanding the scope of the Human Resources
Director position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
skills, efforts, duties, or responsibilities associated with the
Keywords: Fusion Cell, LLC, Indianapolis , Human Resources Manager, Human Resources , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!