Senior Software Engineer, Test
Posted on: October 19, 2020
Who is Genesys:
Every year, Genesys-- delivers more than 70 billion remarkable
customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries.
Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects
every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any
channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys
pioneered Experience as a Service(sm) so organizations of any size
can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy,
and foster customer trust and loyalty.
Why Genesys needs you:
At Genesys, we're working to build the highest quality Multicloud
delivery pipeline based in Azure to support Genesys Engage. It's
built from the ground-up in the cloud and we're looking for DevOps
Pipeline and Infrastructure engineers to deliver the tools needed
to enable a flawless production deployment on time, every time.
Platform Engineering and Operation is innovating, building and
operating essential platform and infrastructure technologies in a
Multi-Cloud architecture for some of the most sophisticated and
largest customers/brands in the world. Platform technologies range
from Open API and web services gateways, authorization, event-based
data platforms, Container and Kubernetes orchestration, world class
site reliability engineering practices to tooling for software
delivery/pipeline to observability across our product portfolio.
Team is also responsible for end-to-end product security and
compliance across our customer base. You have an opportunity to
innovate on one of the more forward-looking technology stacks
defining Enterprise software from Cloud delivered SaaS to
on-premise private cloud solutions.
What you'll do:
The Senior software engineering role is at the cutting edge of
DevOps and cloud native architecture. Our mission is to systematize
resilience and recoverability across hundreds of services running
at massive scale. We are a handful of engineers inventing the
tools, techniques and culture to enable our teams to keep up with
the demand for our platform.
- Specify and embed targeted testing and automation for unit,
integration, and functional testing gates across multiple service
teams by integrating testing at a product level.
- Work with QA leads in each of the development team to identify,
define and implement automated tests that are integrated into the
software development lifecycle and the software delivery
- This includes tests that are necessary and sufficient for all
cloud environments (Development, Stage, Production) that gate
entry, success criteria within, and exit criteria for environment
promotions, as well as tests needed for on-premises
- Separate CI testing requirements from CD requirements and
- Work to make lower environment testing a preventative
engineering measure, reducing monitoring needs in Production.
- Integrate with Security testing with related needs in the
- Identify, develop (as needed) and validate various test
criteria (Unit, Functional, Integration) with the development
- Ensure rollback testing, failover testing & validations, and
back-up & restore testing is integrated (positive and negative test
cases) in the pipeline
- Ensure test case performance analytics data is collected and
analyzed for resilience and scalability.
- Ensure test case failure alerting is integrated in the
- Require communication and visibility of what's getting tested
and expose testing gaps and give light to identifying appropriate
Who you are:
- Have built automated test frameworks.
- Relentless at documenting test cases and organizing your tests
- Able to identify/prioritize critical test cases over less sever
ones yet include them in an increasing importance based on
- Have a sprint-based approach to testability
- The communication and visibility of what's getting tested
exposes the known holes and gives light to identifying risk before
the bite occurs.
- Experienced in product development and delivery (not internal
IT projects) in public-cloud native environments (AWS or Azure)
- A mindshare leader in current testing technologies and
methodologies in cloud-native environments
- A leader at the table with DevOps automated pipeline
- Understand and adapt to the differences between on-premises
deployment testing and cloud deployment testing.
Check out our benefits and open time off policy at
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in
the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran
status, and other protected characteristics.
Keywords: Genesys, Indianapolis , Senior Software Engineer, Test, IT / Software / Systems , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!