Senior Systems Administrator
Company: Project Lead The Way
Posted on: May 16, 2022
The Senior Systems Administrator is a member of the
infrastructure team and is responsible for the maintenance of the
organization's on-premises and cloud server infrastructure, storage
network, network topology, computer fleet distribution, OS
maintenance and SaaS product support. This role also assists in
end-user case management and support. The Senior Systems
Administrator works a hybrid schedule with regular onsite presence
in the Indianapolis, Indiana office required. Occasional travel may
- Diagnose hardware, software, printing, and network connectivity
issues including LAN, WAN, WLAN, Phone, Exchange, O365, other
Microsoft applications and VPN access, offering a variety of level
1 and level 2 solutions.
- Maintain and administrate multimedia and associated conference
- Setup new Team Member accounts and computers for use on
corporate network along with identified software and 3rd party
- Monitor the help desk queue and ensures tickets are resolved by
Help Desk Team before the exceeded target completion date/time, or
to the customer's satisfaction.
- Maintain users in the network including adding and deleting
user accounts, maintaining passwords, and completing daily
- Participate in maintaining, upgrading, and supporting existing
systems, storage, and infrastructure to ensure operational
- Diagnose and address issues with current infrastructure
(servers, SAN, NAS, VMs, Networking, Active Directory, and SaaS
implementations such as O365, Okta, etc.)
- Remediate systems and network security vulnerabilities
according to best practices.
- Monitor and support PLTW's disaster recovery solutions to
ensure maximum operability
- Troubleshoot corporate applications and build out a Knowledge
Base to be used by others in the organization
- Monitor the competitive landscape, trends and opportunities;
develop and propose strategies to incorporate into PLTW's approach
- Other duties as assignedQUALIFICATIONSKNOWLEDGE
- An associate degree in Information Technology or equivalent
related work experience
- Related Technical Support, Help Desk, or Service Desk
experience in an IT setting including systems administration,
server administration, or network engineering
responsibilitiesSKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to explain
technical issues to technical and nontechnical Team Members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient with MS Server, MS Active Directory, VoIP phone
systems, Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX, mobile applications,
administration of virtual environments. Microsoft Azure, AWS Cloud,
VPN client, LAN/WAN connectivity, TCP/IP, internet, intranet, Cisco
switches, Cisco/Palo Alto VPN and firewall technologies.
- Proficient with or able to quickly learn to use a broad array
of networking and systems hardware and software.
- A customer centric approach to all interactions with both
internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Accountable; takes ownership and pride in their work
Keywords: Project Lead The Way, Indianapolis , Senior Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!