Mobile Trailer Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd
Company: J.B. Hunt
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Under routine supervision, this position is responsible for
performing intermediate level troubleshooting and repair services
of our tractors, trailers, chassis, containers, and power equipment
at a customer site or rail yard using a mobile service truck. This
position has the possibility to work outdoors, in the elements, or
across multiple shifts including nights and/or weekends in addition
to overtime; it requires full-time attendance.
Come join a team where family comes first and safety matters!
- $21-$32 per hour!
- $150 Yearly Boot Allowance
- 40 hours guaranteed
- Our Indianapolis location is 2 years accident free! Win a
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
Be proud to come to work in a clean professional environment with
vast opportunities for growth and advancement!!
Applicants can be considered for I, II, or Sr. level Mobile Trailer
Technician depending on verified years of experience and position
- Perform intermediate level troubleshooting and preventive
maintenance tasks to include, but not limited to, tire
replacements/flat repairs, brake adjustments/services/replacements,
electrical diagnostics, basic structural repairs on trailer
chassis, sub-frames, etc.
- Perform annual AA Trailer and FHWA Brake Inspections sign
- Patch holes in trailer/container side panels and roofs ensuring
all holes are sealed and watertight.
- Understand and demonstrate the proficient use of a cutting
torch and welding equipment and perform mid-level repairs on
chassis, frames, brackets, etc.
- Properly document damage to company equipment to allow
subrogation of repair costs.
- Accurately complete work orders and other written materials
according to established procedures .
- Operate assigned service truck in a professional manner and
according to company requirements; keep unit clean and well
- Follow all safety requirements while at a customer or rail
- Properly attend to truck inventory .
- Troubleshoot and repair ABS system.
- 18 years of age for equipment up to 10,000 pounds or 21 years
of age for equipment over 10,000 pounds .
- 1 year of experience in Semi-Tractor/Trailer maintenance and
repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- At least 1-year of experience in Federal H ighway inspections
and air brakes .
- Illustrate a clean motor vehicle record as per JB Hunt
- 1-3 years of experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Commercial Driver's License .
- DOT certified in FHWA Inspections & Air Brakes .
- Welding certification .
- Forklift certification and experience .
- EPA section 608 certification and Refrigeration License
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively
- Ability to fulfill physical requirements (lift/move appliance
up to 50 pounds) .
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to read documents and/or information in
- Ability to wear appropriate work attire (protective gear/PPE)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Proficient active listening skills .
- Proficient computer skills .
- Proficient deductive reasoning skills .
- Proficient inventory management skills .
- Proficient organizational skills .
- Proficient problem-solving skills .
Associated topics: air, air conditioning, air filter,
environmental, fuel, heat, insulation, repair, thermograph,
Keywords: J.B. Hunt, Indianapolis , Mobile Trailer Mechanic- 1 yr EXP Req'd, IT / Software / Systems , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!