Posted on: September 16, 2018
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.The Database Administrator is responsible for database software implementation and upgrades, physical database design and implementation, database capacity and performance management, development and implementation of database backup and recovery plans, and problem identification and resolution. This position also provides leadership in the use of relational database management systems to application development teams and is responsible for obtaining and maintaining knowledge of current trends and directions related to the employed database management systems and management tools. These platforms include Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL among others.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Database software installation and configuration and upgrades
- Maintains and administers several development, test and production environments
- Supports the SDLC efforts by using tracking tools and release processes
- Performs Data Backup and Recovery
- Performs Database loads and extracts as needed
- Performs Database and SQL performance tuning
- Performs Security Administration for specific application access and user access
- Assist with server capacity planning by monitoring server CPU, server storage space and the projected capacity growth levels
- Assists with application and database architectures and strategies
- Develops and implements state of the art information technology strategies and platforms that meet current and future business needs
- Coordinates logical and physical database design and implementation with Data Analyst and Developers
- Completes structured testing of database designs, applications, and technology platforms in collaboration with Quality Analyst
- Conducts research and evaluation of new tools and techniques, and recommends enhancements to policies, standards and procedures related to the database environment based on industry trends/information
- Accepts the lead for projects as assigned and contributes as a team member to other projects in an ongoing manner The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field or the equivalent in work experience
- 8 - 12 years applicable SQL Server DBA experience in 24x7 production environment AND 2 years of experience in support of large SQL Server 2014 databases.
- Experience or knowledge of advanced features of SQL Server 2012 through 2016, such as: AlwaysOn Distributed Availability Groups, In-memory OLTP, Auditing and Encryption preferred
- Experience with SQL Server 2014/2016 encryption mechanisms and security auditing or alternative data masking/encryption tools is required.
- Installation, configuration and setting up security for SSRS, SSIS and SSAS.
- Experience with data modeling, relational databases, data structures and design.
- Experience working with Idera's tools like SQL Safe, SQL Defrag and SQL Diagnostic Manager.
- 2 or more years of experience with SQL Server performance tuning tools is preferred
- Experience managing MS SQL on VMWare is required
- Oracle RAC, MySQL, MongoDB experience is a plus
- Experience using Idera for Backups, Defragmentation and Diagnostic Management is a plus
- Experience with ETL and Reporting Tools such as Cognos, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Server is preferred
- The following certifications are preferred:
- MTA: Database
- MCSA: SQL Server SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong analytical skills including performance tuning
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be able to work independently while acting pro-actively to keep management informed of project related issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting other team members.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure by maintaining composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be flexible and embrace change
- Knowledge of the health care/payer/insurance industries specifically claims processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company is a plus
- An understanding of SSAS cubes and maintaining them, as well as MDX is a plus Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices. Family & Medical Leave Act Equal Employment Law Poster Pay Transparency Employee Polygraph Protection Act IER Right to Work Poster Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Laws
Keywords: Availity, Indianapolis , Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!