Technical Architect (National WAN)
Company: Ascension Technologies
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job ID: 272814 Technical Architect (National WAN) Indianapolis, Indiana Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Technical Architect City, State:-- Indianapolis, IN Location:-- ININD 10330 St Vincent Health Department:---- ESD Connect Additional Job Details:----FT, Days,--8A-5P, Monday - Friday About Us Ascension Technologies is one of the nation---s largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
-----Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
-----Improve efficiency and care transitions
-----Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
-----Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved---- patient outcomes Job Description Job Summary: The Technical Architect provides technical leadership in the planning, design and architect phases of software or hardware development. Ascension Technologies is seeking a Technical Architect (National WAN) who will be responsible for national wide area network architecture and design.-- As a Subject Matter Experts (SME) you will use your knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks and the tools used to manage them. Responsibilities:
- Provides technical expertise and direction for the development of complex hardware and software projects.
- Assists with decisions based on the highest degree of technical complexity and thorough understanding of the implications across the organization.
- Translates application and end user system requirements into technical requirements.
- Analyzes and solves complex problems, making recommendations as needed, applying creative, in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge.
- Defines strategies for networking, server platform, desktop services, and security required to support Clinical Foundation Suite environment
- Leads orientation and planning review sessions with the local Information Technology project managers.
- Assists the national technical program manager in the development and maintenance of the standard project plan template. Desired Responsibilities
- Define network hardware, High Availability/Fault Tolerance/Redundancy, Network Security, address management, software/firmware version, patch maintenance, configuration management, and reporting standards.
- Designing and Implementing multi-vendor Enterprise and Carrier Grade Data Networks.
- Work with complex network environments and concepts including routing, switching, multi-site VPN's, Data Center Environments, High Availability Networks, and network management services.
- Work with complex Medical Services and Hospital environments
- Participates in on-call rotation and carries cell phone for after-hours and on-call emergencies.
- Self-Starter and ability to work in an independent manner.
- Provide mentoring and technical leadership.
- Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Will need to be able to function as a project manager and lead engineer for junior network associates.
- Prioritize replacement or upgrade of existing non-standard hardware, firmware, and software, and tools.
- Create and publish and maintain up to date and accurate network documentation and diagrams.
- Calculate trends to forecast future capacity and bandwidth requirements with recommendations for future direction.
- Maintain professional representation to national and ministry leadership, and participate in regional and national meetings as required Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience. Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor---s Degree in computer/information sciences, mathematics, business/MIS , engineering, or related field from an accredited college, Master---s Degree desirable
- 8+ Years working with Multi-Vendor Data Networking environments. Juniper environment experience preferred.
- 3+ Years working with Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) technologies
- JNCIA, JNCIP, JNCIE, CCNP, CCDP, or CCIE certification
- Experience with one or more network configuration management platforms
- Experience with one or more address management platforms
- Expert level understanding of DNS and DHCP Work Experience:
- Ten--years of experience required. Desired Experience:
- Experience in large enterprise network with high availability requirements
- Experience within or across network vendor technologies with expert level knowledge in one or more network vendor technologies (e.g. Juniper, Extreme, etc.)
- Understanding of TCP/IP, Layer 3 Routing, VPN, and Firewall concepts.
- In-depth technical experience working with and troubleshooting multi-vendor Networking Environments including the ability to analyze packet captures
- In-depth knowledge of IT standards, concepts, best practices, and procedures (ITL, EIA/TIA, IEEE)
- Must have demonstrated technical leadership, a record of successful projects and satisfied clients
- Ability to take on-call duties. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Technologies--is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information. -- -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement E-Verify Statement Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension Technologies, Indianapolis , Technical Architect (National WAN), IT / Software / Systems , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!