Field Service Technician
Company: Impact Networking
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Impact is hiring Copier Technicians for our Nationally ranked Best and Brightest Workplace! Join the Impact Service Team and become a technical expert in digital office equipment/copiers through our hands-on on-the-job training. Opportunity to grow and advance through on-going education and certifications. To service digital imaging systems within a customer first environment. Utilize electronic, electrical, mechanical, and computer networking skills to troubleshooting difficult problems and to ensure long term customer satisfaction through regular maintenance. Responsibilities Provide onsite customer service, field repair, and maintenance of digital office equipment/copiers in our customer's facilities. Field Service Technicians strive to provide the highest level of customer service while making the devices run flawlessly without error. The right candidate will receive company vehicles (outside of the Chicago Loop areas), gas card, laptop, cellphone, and the freedom to manage their own territory. Impact copier technicians have the technical ability to troubleshoot a wide variety of mechanical, computer, and networking issues within an ever-changing industry. Call Ahead Policy
- Consistently call all customers to inform them that you are in receipt of their service call within 30 minutes of receiving the call from dispatch. To be monitored by dispatch and customer feedback.
- Attempts to assist every customer over the phone or provides an ETA.Quality
- Gives meticulous attention to detail on all service calls
- Trouble shoots using a logical step-by-step process of elimination to properly conclude and address the issue
- Consistently prints and addresses jam list and resets jam counter on every call.
- Performs the total call routine to maximize the uptime and number of copies/prints between calls
- Cleans the machine inside and out on every call
- Verifies firmware and software are up to date on all visitsParts
- Effectively and proactively uses parts to maximize machine reliability and keep up with part life yields
- Maintains an organized and accurate inventory under a 3% variance
- Strives to ensure car stock inventory is accurate to maintain a maximum of 15% "incomplete" call rate
- Works with the parts department to consistently track, order and reorder parts to maintain an effective inventory to minimize these "incompletes"
- Thoroughly troubleshoots equipment to prevent using various or unnecessary partsTerritory ManagementCommunication
- Consistently works with dispatch and keeps customers informed regarding ETA especially if delayed.
- Keeps Management and Sales informed regarding all customer escalation issues.
- Follows up with Parts Manager and customers regarding all "incomplete" parts issues.
- Handling Objections or Difficult Situations
- Be able to calmly discusses the situation with the customer by first listening and gathers all pertinent facts and then implements a solution
- Escalates situations to the Field Service Manager and Sales when needed in a timely manner Things We Are Looking For We are seeking hard working, customer focused, self-motivated college graduates with an electronics degree or equivalent, strong electromechanical aptitude with computer skills and good cause and effect troubleshooting skills. Applicants must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record. Applicants must be able to do some light lifting, neat in appearance with good communication skills. Impact Networking specialized in the service and support of Konica and Kyocera Digital Imaging and Document Solutions. We focus exclusively on Digital Equipment and Solutions, making us a step ahead of our competitors. Rapidly changing technology may not make our job easy, but at Impact, technicians dedicated to ongoing education are well prepared to usher new customers into the 21st century. Personal
- Consistently maintain positive, professional behavior and projects a positive and supportive image of self and Impact Networking.
- Consistently dresses professionally to include a clean, wrinkle free button up Impact Networking shirt and a tie, dress pants, belt and business style shoes.Quantity
- Effectively manages time and activity to maximize utilization.
- Routes service calls in a manner to reach response time goals within territoryTeamwork / Attitude / Flexibility
- Works effectively with all co-workers to facilitate a solution for the customer
- Consistently displays a positive work ethic and attitude and offers ideas or solutions to successfully work through the situation
- Willing to modify schedule to achieve what is best for the companyMaintain Company Assets
- Properly handles and takes ownership of company assets that are assigned to them (laptop, cell phone, etc.)
- Protect all assets from abuse and theftAnalyzing Needs
- Is familiar with and or seeks guidance on all customer equipment, maintenance or chargeable status and equipment capabilities. Verifies every account is under maintenance prior to servicing or confirms rates with customer and method of payment prior to servicing equipmentGeneral Service and Management
- Experience with Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Ricoh and HP equipment is a plus
- Displays proper dependability considering attendance and punctuality
- Must consistently arrive at first customer site by 8:00
- Attends and contributes to all service meetings
- Compliant with Management's directives
- Experience with Kyocera, Konica Minolta, Ricoh and HP equipment/copiers
- Adheres to Company Policies and Procedures
- Is supportive of co-workers
- Pursues an understands and vision of service goals and strategies - provided by Dice Copier Maintenance, Office Equipment Maintenance, Mechanical skills, Team Oriented, Customer Facing, Kyocera, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, HP Experience
Keywords: Impact Networking, Indianapolis , Field Service Technician, IT / Software / Systems , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!