Direct the purchasing and material control function of the company
to include advising the Executive Leadership team on matters
related to supply chain management and working collaboratively to
ensure the function supports the operations of the company. Advise,
recommend and implement supply chain matters of importance to
include guidance and direction reflecting sound judgment, strategic
vision and substantive knowledge and expertise.
**MUST HAVE AVIATION VIP COMPLETIONS EXPERIENCE....Persons without
this experience will NOT be considered under any
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct and establish the proper supply chain guidelines to
effectively manage, control and monitor costs and service levels to
meet established budgets based on completions and maintenance
2. Responsible for the overall resources, negotiations and
purchasing of all materials and components required to maintain and
operate company aircraft while keeping with budgetary
3. Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of filling
parts orders, preparing parts for shipping and/or receiving
4. Ensures the Material Control team is accurately planning and
coordinating its activities to maximize efficiency and productivity
in fully support of providing required materials.
5. Oversees the applicable training and development plans are in
place to ensure subordinate Buyers, Coordinators, Supervisors and
Material Control personnel are fully trained in proper procedures,
methods, practices and safety techniques in order to complete their
job duties as set forth by the company standards and/or federal
regulations related to the FAA, DOT, IATA, etc.
6. Working closely with operational directors, ensure proper supply
chain support is provided and discuss continuous opportunities to
implement needed enhancements.
7. Accountable for the spares provisioning process to ensure
optimum availability of needed aircraft material while balancing
desired service level with available funding.
8. Monitor the warranty program to ensure timely repair of parts
and components which are removed early due to failure and are still
under warranty time restraints.
9. Oversees the facilities maintenance function of the company to
include building maintenance, custodial and janitorial.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelors Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or
2. 10+ years prior experience in supply change management to
include 5+ in the role of Procurement Manager, Purchasing and/or
3. In-depth knowledge and principles of the supply chain management
process to include purchasing, sourcing, material control,
warehousing, shipping//receiving, etc.
4. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of Supervisors
and/or Managers in addition to overseeing the Facilities function
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Supreme knowledge of the supply chain function in a business
aviation completions/maintenance/modifications environment.
2. Highly organized and detailed oriented.
3. Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and
verbal communications skills.
4. High standards of ethics and professionalism.
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Strong leadership, organization and problem-solving