Director of Purchasing & Material Control (Job #1306)
Posted on: July 8, 2018
Direct the purchasing and material control function of the company to include advising the Executive Leadership team on matters related to supply chain management and working collaboratively to ensure the function supports the operations of the company. Advise, recommend and implement supply chain matters of importance to include guidance and direction reflecting sound judgment, strategic vision and substantive knowledge and expertise.
**MUST HAVE AVIATION VIP COMPLETIONS EXPERIENCE....Persons without this experience will NOT be considered under any circumstances!***
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Direct and establish the proper supply chain guidelines to effectively manage, control and monitor costs and service levels to meet established budgets based on completions and maintenance requirements.
2. Responsible for the overall resources, negotiations and purchasing of all materials and components required to maintain and operate company aircraft while keeping with budgetary requirements.
3. Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of filling parts orders, preparing parts for shipping and/or receiving incoming shipments.
4. Ensures the Material Control team is accurately planning and coordinating its activities to maximize efficiency and productivity in fully support of providing required materials.
5. Oversees the applicable training and development plans are in place to ensure subordinate Buyers, Coordinators, Supervisors and Material Control personnel are fully trained in proper procedures, methods, practices and safety techniques in order to complete their job duties as set forth by the company standards and/or federal regulations related to the FAA, DOT, IATA, etc.
6. Working closely with operational directors, ensure proper supply chain support is provided and discuss continuous opportunities to implement needed enhancements.
7. Accountable for the spares provisioning process to ensure optimum availability of needed aircraft material while balancing desired service level with available funding.
8. Monitor the warranty program to ensure timely repair of parts and components which are removed early due to failure and are still under warranty time restraints.
9. Oversees the facilities maintenance function of the company to include building maintenance, custodial and janitorial.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:
1. Bachelors Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
2. 10+ years prior experience in supply change management to include 5+ in the role of Procurement Manager, Purchasing and/or Material Control.
3. In-depth knowledge and principles of the supply chain management process to include purchasing, sourcing, material control, warehousing, shipping//receiving, etc.
4. Demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team of Supervisors and/or Managers in addition to overseeing the Facilities function as well.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Supreme knowledge of the supply chain function in a business aviation completions/maintenance/modifications environment.
2. Highly organized and detailed oriented.
3. Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills.
4. High standards of ethics and professionalism.
5. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
6. Strong leadership, organization and problem-solving skills.
Keywords: , Indianapolis, Director of Purchasing & Material Control (Job #1306), Management & Business, Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!