Wetland Ecologist/ Environmental Scientist
Company: Green 3 LLC
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Position: Wetland Ecologist/ Environmental ScientistSupervisor:
Erin Mulryan, PresidentHours per week: 40 hours- standard work
weekStarting Date: ImmediatelySalary: Negotiable and dependent on
Green 3, LLC is an environmental planning and design firm located
in historic Fountain Square near downtown Indianapolis. The Green 3
firm and its talented staff offer:
- A fun, casual work environment in "funky-artsy-retro" Fountain
Square Cultural District
- Flexible work hours
- The option to work remotely on occasion
- Health insurance package with employer contributions
- AFLAC plan options
- A simple IRA with company match
- An office cat for casual in-house pet companionship
- A pet friendly workplace
- Staff outings- baseball games, St. Pat's Parade, and other fun
- A full kitchen for meal prep
- Opportunities for profit sharing
- Professional development opportunities
- Paid holidays and a generous amount of paid time off
The successful candidate should possess a Masters or Bachelors of
Science degree in biology, botany, environmental science, or
natural resources and have relevant experience working in the field
of ecology or related field. A candidate that has completed
waterway permitting and wetlands delineation training and/or has
authored wetland delineations in accordance with USACE delineation
procedures is preferred. Experience with NEPA document preparation
in accordance with INDOT procedures is strongly desired. Candidates
with less educational background but proven experience with plant
identification, knowledge of Indiana ecosystems, and NEPA
documentation will also be considered.
- Masters or Bachelors degree with sufficient and relevant
experience in biology, botany, environmental science, or natural
resources, or proven experience in field data gathering and
- Ability to analyze and comply with regulatory procedures,
policies, and production of wetland delineations and waters
reports, and approval processes.
- Solid field experience with wetland delineations and
high-quality technical reporting skills.
- Knowledge of Indiana ecosystems, with special emphasis on
wetland and stream ecology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, ArcMAP/GIS, and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work in a dynamic, and sometimes hectic, office
environment with little supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects efficiently
to meet project deadlines.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Conduct preliminary research of project sites using online
mapping tools such as Indiana Geological Survey's Indiana Map,
county GIS sites, ArcMap, and National Wetlands Inventory.
- Perform site investigations including ecological surveys,
wetland delineations, and other associated field investigations,
sometimes in adverse site conditions (such as heat and cold).
- Communicate effectively with clients, agencies, and fellow
- Compile appropriate and thorough documentation meeting state
and federal procedural standards for waters reports, wetland
delineations, and NEPA documentation per INDOT procedures; this
includes report text and field data sheets, as well as development
of required project maps and photo documentation.
- Assist with coordination and documentation of ecological,
wetlands, and waters data for NEPA environmental documents.
- As needed, assist with project proposal development; this may
include preliminary research of project sites as well as developing
fee proposals based on anticipated level of effort.
If you have questions, please contact Erin Mulryan, President, at
or . Please forward resume and cover letter to Erin.
Keywords: Green 3 LLC, Indianapolis , Wetland Ecologist/ Environmental Scientist, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!