Company: Centric Consulting
Posted on: September 14, 2020
Job Location: Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland,
Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis
Join our team
Centric Consulting is not the typical consulting company. We live
our core values and bring them with us in all we do for our clients
and community. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to
provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a
culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. It's this culture,
our people, and delivery that come together to make Centric a
trusted advisor to local businesses.
Our Data & Analytics practice believes that data can drive business
value and performance. But it takes the right people, skills and
approach to deliver expected results. That's where you come in! For
us, Data and Analytics is more than just a set of technologies.
It's about skilled individuals who can align technical capabilities
to bring value to a business. What we value the most: people who
are dedicated to delivering high quality solutions. It's not enough
for things to look good on the surface. They must be built on
strong technical foundations. We're looking for
------------------------Data Architect to join our growing
In this role, you will:
- Interview stakeholders for business process use cases requiring
analytics; prioritize with business stakeholders
- Develop a value-chain from scratch: identify major business
functions and their work streams
- Deconstruct existing reports into their constituent attributes
- Develop an information model (UML business entity model) from
business stakeholder interviews
- Develop business definitions and metric formulations from
business stakeholder interviews
- Conduct visualization design sessions where you are hands-on
demonstrating client's data in a visualization tool
- Write visualization design specifications and ensure they are
correctly implemented by developers
- Ensure developed visualizations are high quality and comply
standards around font, color, whitespace or other branding
Design semantic layer organization that will be visible to
- Assist with light data validation, especially comparing the
developed solution with legacy reports
- Document mapping of business definitions to data model
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Able to rapidly come up to speed on a client's core
- Experienced interviewing and facilitating with VP level
- Performed data visualization development in a modern tool like
Tableau or Power BI
- Developed requirements documentation; strong written
- Data steward or other data governance responsibilities
- Mid-level SQL for data analysis
- Worked with Excel Pivot tables
- Participated in data validation work
- Business process improvement experience is a plus
- Application development experience is a plus
- 7+ years of experience around the skills mentioned above
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture - Our people make us different. We have highly
talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of
disciplines - who are eager to learn from you and share their own
expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don't take
our word for it - check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or
Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us different.
- Growth opportunities - As a mid-size firm, there is more
flexibility when it comes to career paths. Figure out what you want
to do and we'll help you figure out how to get there.
- Impact - We think of ourselves as a big company with a small
company feel - a local player with global reach that combines
business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences - We are allowed to be ourselves here. We
are encouraged to be human. It's at the root of who we are as a
firm and why we're here.
- Innovation - We value passion, determination, perseverance, and
innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing
and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good - We are steadfast in our devotion
to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee
involvement in community improvement projects.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We
strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to
be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender,
national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran
status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Keywords: Centric Consulting, Indianapolis , Data Architect, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!