Patient Care Tech, CICU (401)
Company: Hancock Regional Hospital
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Patient Care Tech, CICU (401)
CICU - 6121
JOB SUMMARY: Functions as a member of the healthcare team to
deliver nursing care to patients under supervision of a Registered
Nurse (RN). The Patient Care Technician assists in caring for
patients by answering call lights, bathing, feeding, toileting,
transporting, monitoring vital signs and provides for the basic
needs of the patient. The Technician will also change linens and
maintain patient rooms in an orderly fashion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates knowledge and technical skill necessary for
providing safe and competent patient care and ability to follow
- Maintains good physical and emotional well-being.
- Possesses genuine interest in caring for patients in the acute
- Personal qualities to include kindness, sympathy,
understanding, respect, good judgment, integrity, loyalty, sense of
humor and the ability to relate effectively with patients, families
- Demonstrates computer and keyboarding skills necessary to
provide a complete and accurate electronic medical record.
- Documents accurate health data collection consistent with
hospital, departmental and unit-specific
- Demonstrates the ability to correctly use the telephone system
to place callers on hold, transfer calls, etc.
- Duties include but are not limited to: attending to patient
care needs: answering call lights, bathing, toileting, turning,
passing ice water; obtaining and correctly labeling venous puncture
specimens; correctly applying EKG leads and running 12 lead EKG as
requested; applying telemetry leads as ordered; performing hourly
rounding and ensuring safety measures in place (ex.-bed/chair
alarm, safe room environment without trip hazards, etc.);
performing bedside shift report; utilizing AIDET-P; implementing
fall prevention measures; obtaining: vital signs, accuchecks,
hematests weights, accurate intake and output; maintaining
appropriate hand hygiene compliance per policy; following
appropriate isolation practices; maintaining a clean patient
environment: providing linen changes, changing trash, cleaning
environment, etc.; maintaining cleanliness of soiled utility rooms
and equipment; stocking rooms with supplies as needed; documenting
care provided and charging for appropriate items per nursing policy
and procedure; maintaining patient safety during ambulation,
transfers, re-positioning, etc.
- Associate is capable of delivering care/service appropriate to
- Demonstrates competence in technical skills performed.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and the ability to
prioritize care needs.
- Complies with direction of RN for patient activity/care.
- Displays/exhibits self-directed growth by seeking educational
opportunities to improve knowledge/skill.
- Participates on appropriate house-wide committees as approved
by the Unit Coordinator/Director.
- Contributes to implementing and supporting progressive
- Makes suggestions to solve patient care or unit problems.
- Identifies areas of quality improvement and offers
- Assists with orientation of new staff.
- Attends unit/departmental meetings/in-services at least 75
percent of the time or as assigned.
- Demonstrates acceptable attendance and punctuality per
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Completes assigned responsibilities in an efficient, timely
- Uses time not consumed by patient care to maintain the unit
(cleaning, stocking, uncluttering, etc.).
- Utilizes unit supplies in a cost-conscious manner.
- Exhibits effective organizational skills that assist in
decreasing and/or eliminating over use of man-hours.
- Recognizes impact of actions on co-workers and other
departments and interacts in a manner conducive to teamwork and
- Treats staff from other departments, co-workers, patients, and
families with respect.
- Utilizes AIDET-P.
- Verbally communicates directions, answers to questions, etc. in
a timely manner to patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff
members and other departments.
- Applies good guest relation techniques to telephone
- Communicates pertinent patient information clearly, accurately,
concisely and in a timely manner to designated persons.
- Collaborates with other members of the health team regarding
patient care needs and responsibilities.
- Directs concerns to appropriate persons within timeframes
suitable to the situation.
- Utilizes appropriate chain of command.
- Practice is consistent with safety principles, OSHA guidelines,
and infection control guidelines.
- Observes equipment for malfunction and takes appropriate
- Delivers patient care in a compassionate, non-judgemental
manner that respects individuals' right to privacy, dignity,
respect and confidentiality at all times.
- Confronts individuals/situations assertively and
non-aggressively when necessary to ensure the rights of patients,
self and others are respected.
- Demonstrates effective conflict resolution skills thought the
use of problem-solving skills, discretion and respect.
- Readily offers assistance to families, visitors,
patients/residents and colleagues.
- Functions in a professional manner under stressful or emergency
- Utilizes effective verbal, non-verbal and written forms of
- Conducts self in a manner consistent with the intent of the
hospital's mission, vision, values, and patients first behavioral
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Keywords: Hancock Regional Hospital, Indianapolis , Patient Care Tech, CICU (401), Other , Greenfield, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!