CT Scan Tech Full Time Evenings $5,000 Sign on Bonus
Company: Hendricks Regional Health
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Summary : To provide highest quality health care services in
a professional and competent manner, by using ionizing radiation
for diagnostic purposes to produce images for interpretation by (or
at the request of) a licensed practitioner. The Scope of Practice
being an extended practice to include Computed Tomography and
related procedures to demonstrate cross-sectional anatomic images.
Job Description Essential Responsibilities:
- Performs computed tomography procedures. a. Corroborates
patient's clinical history with procedure, assuring information is
documented and available for use by a licensed practitioner. b.
Prepares patient for procedures by providing instructions to obtain
desired results, gain cooperation, and minimize anxiety. c. Selects
appropriate exam protocol as specified by the Radiologist and
follows approved CT Policies and Procedures d. Immobilizes patient
as required for appropriate examination. e. Applies principles of
radiation protection to minimize exposure to patient, self, and
others. f. Positions patient to best demonstrate anatomic area of
interest, respecting patient ability and comfort. g. Verifies
informed consent for and assist a licensed practitioner with
interventional CT procedures, applies aseptic surgical techniques.
h. Assumes responsibility for provision of physical and
psychological needs of patients during procedures. i. Understands
methods and is capable of performing venipunctures. j. Prepares,
operates, and cares for equipment and other technical instruments
used for administration of contrast agents, patient monitoring, and
surgical intervention. k. Prepares, identifies, and administers
contrast media and/or medications as prescribed by a licensed
practitioner. l. Evaluates images for technical quality,
manipulates display parameters m. Initiates basic life support
actions when necessary. n. Completes all computer functions
necessary for recording patient histories, indications and entering
exam related charges as needed.
- Provides patient education by describing tests and
- Assumes responsibility for assigned area and report equipment
malfunction. This includes appearance and cleanliness of area and
restocking of area supplies.
- Provides input for supply decisions.
- Provides practical instruction for students and/or other health
- Participates in the department's quality assessment and
improvement plan. May be responsible for specific quality control
duties in the specialty area.
- Assist in other areas of the department as needed
- Complies with minimum standards as noted on the cover page of
- Maintains a knowledge of sterile supplies and techniques
utilized for procedures in the CT area.
- Maintains appropriate knowledge to recognize anatomical
structures via computer generated system.
- Use common sense and special medical skills to care for the
sick or handicapped with regard to the patient's age and
- Maintain knowledge of the 3D workstation including reformatting
and reconstructing images.
- Creates and/or releases imaging viewing media to other
institutions, patients or nursing units upon properly authorized
request. Education and Experience Required:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be a graduate
of an approved School of Radiographic Technology and have the
credentials as stated in IX Vocational Preparation.
- Computer experience.
- Should be an experienced radiographer demonstrating a knowledge
base to successfully complete CT procedures, and have at least a
basic understanding of cross-sectional anatomy. Mandatory
Licensure/Certifications: Staff technologists perform radiography
on a Comprehensive Practice Level. Individuals must demonstrate
competency to meet state licensure and certification requirements
defined by law for whole body radiography and maintain the
credential R.T. (R) ARRT, or equivalent.
- Be certified by the State of Indiana.
- Be an R.T.(R) ARRT in good standing.
- Maintain the credential of R.T. (R) (CT) or obtain CT
credential within two (2) years of employment as a Computed
Tomography Technologist. Work Shift : 2nd Shift (United States of
America) Scheduled Weekly Hours : 40
Keywords: Hendricks Regional Health, Indianapolis , CT Scan Tech Full Time Evenings $5,000 Sign on Bonus, Other , Brownsburg, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!