Company: Shane Company
Posted on: June 12, 2021
How We're Keeping You Safe in These Uncertain Times
This can be a troubling time to work in a customer facing role.
At Shane Co., we take the health of both our employees and
customers very seriously. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we've
gone above and beyond to implement new health and safety measures
in all of our stores and offices. This includes: requiring
temperature checks for both employees and customers, providing
branded masks to all of our employees, requiring all customers to
wear masks while in-store, having disposable masks, hand sanitizer,
and gloves available at all times, extra cleaning and sanitizing,
including cleaning surfaces between each customer interaction and
the Synexis Biodefense System (which is the state-of-the-art
microbial reduction system designed to clean air and surfaces by
reducing the presence of microbes in indoor spaces).
As a leader in the jewelry industry for four generations and as
the largest family-owned jeweler in the U.S., Shane Co. serves our
customers with an unparalleled standard of excellence. Our people
get to share in our customers' milestone moments such as weddings,
birthdays, anniversaries, and everything in between. We are looking
for passionate, vibrant individuals who want to be a part of our
dynamic company culture in a luxury retail environment.
The Sales Manager is the driver of top line sales and is
directly responsible for the supervision and direction of the sales
staff. The Sales Manager acts as a member of the store leadership
team. With others in the store leadership team, the Sales Manager
has influence on and responsibility for all aspects of the sales,
customer and employee experience.
Why Work for Shane Co.?
Shane Co. is a family-owned business and everyone who works in
our organization is part of the family. This family point of view
is exactly why we want to take care of you AND your family.
- We want driven and competitive people who help us satisfy the
customers' needs. We do not sell on commission, we offer a
competitive base rate and we bonus based on team performance.
- We focus on providing you a time off package that is very
generous for retail! It is important for us to be available when
our customers need us so we do work weekends, however our hours of
operation are the best in the business (We close at 5pm on Saturday
and Sunday). You accrue 3 weeks of vacation in your first year! In
addition, you also earn 6 sick days per year. We are closed on 7
holidays (unlike most retailers), AND we pay you for one volunteer
day per year! The longer you work with us, the more vacation time
- Unlike other companies who just offer low paying disability
insurance to cover your major illness situations, we offer the
ability to earn time off at FULL pay for the care of yourself or a
family member! When your family needs you, we want you to be able
to be there for them.
- We offer very competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as
well as a 401 (k) plan with a company match, company paid life
insurance, and flexible spending accounts for medical, daycare or
mass transit commuting expense. We also offer a number of
discounted voluntary benefits including long-term disability, life
insurance for your dependents, pet insurance and even things like
discounted travel and movie tickets!
- We have benefits focused on you AND any family member (partner,
children and even your parents!) including counseling, legal
advice, assistance in finding appropriate medical specialists and
even help in understanding medical bills!
- And, of course, we offer a generous discount in our stores or
online for you AND your family members!
WORK ENVIRONMENT The primary environment for this role is a
climate controlled store environment with natural light and
carpeted flooring in most work spaces. Standing and walking are
required a significant portion of the time. Manual dexterity and
visual acuity are required at a very high level and with high
frequency. Travel is required <5% of the time.
- Maximize sales growth potential by ensuring all customers'
needs are met and by proper use of Floor Direction, peer to peer
coaching and teamwork.
- Train and develop sales staff to perfect and utilize all Shane
Co. sales techniques and resources.
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, mentoring and development
of sales staff. This includes preparing for and delivering touch
base meetings and performance appraisals, as well as making
compensation proposals to the Store Manager.
- With store management team, participates in the recruiting,
hiring, developing and retention of highly qualified
- Perform all duties related to opening or closing the store as
part of the management team assignments.
- Consult and communicate with appropriate Company personnel
regarding any store issues, opportunities or concerns and follow up
- Assure that customer data is appropriately gathered and
recorded in the Customer Service Center (CSC).
- Assure execution of activities related to driving customer
visits to the store through clienteling.
- Attend and participate in all scheduled meetings of the store
- Attend, participate in or lead meetings with the sales
- Communicate any opportunities for maximizing service,
merchandise selection or other sales opportunities through the
appropriate channels in the store and Company.
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventory of all merchandise
and ensuring merchandise security.
BEHAVIORAL CHARACTERISTICS The focus of this role is working
with and through others, building and maintaining relationships.
Leads through example, championing Company culture and values,
demonstrating personal character, commitment, organizational
skills, selling skills and work habits.
- Direct knowledge of selling techniques and practices and
demonstrated skill in that area.
- Prior experience supervising others.
- Experience with providing a high level of customer
- A Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent is preferred but not
required. A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have weekend and evening availability.
Keywords: Shane Company, Indianapolis , Sales Manager, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!