Classroom Assistant - Head Start-Windsor Village West
Company: Family Development Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Classroom Assistant - Head Start
Family Development Services' full time Classroom Assistant -
Head Start will perform any combination of the following
instructional tasks in the classroom to assist the Preschool
Teacher in Head Start or Infant/Toddler Teacher in Early Head Start
by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of lesson
- Use developmentally appropriate techniques to interact with
children - individually or in groups - to support learning
throughout the day
- Daily completion of USDA documentation at point of service
- Document observations on children' anecdotal record forms
- Clean tabletops and floor areas after meals and activities, and
clean cots as needed
- Accompany the Family / Child Educator on home visits
- Ability to collaborate, effectively facilitate change,
communicate opening and effectively, delegate, be flexible, good
time/project management, task driven, willingness to learn.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds-especially
if necessary to care for a child.
- Abilities to, with or without reasonable accommodations: talk,
hear, stand, reach with hands and arms; stoop; kneel; crouch;
crawl; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; see up
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Applicants must meet the following basic qualifications for
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Child Development Associate certificate (CDA) must be earned
within two (2) years after date of hire in order to remain
Applicants with the following qualifications are preferred:
- Prefer experience with children 0 to 5 years old
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
Please click below to submit your application
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Family Development Services, Indianapolis , Classroom Assistant - Head Start-Windsor Village West, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!