Government Affairs Associate
Company: EDP Renovaveis
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Government Affairs Associate works to promote policy
initiatives and positive community relations to assist with the
development of new renewable energy opportunities while supporting
our operating assets across the eastern region of the United States
The Government Affairs Associate strengthens relationships
within communities with operating assets to build local support for
public policy and to assist with new development opportunities.
They also work with the development team on new project
opportunities to remove development hurdles and build public
support for our projects. This person works closely with internal
and external parties to analyze and influence policy developments,
create and execute local public relations and community outreach
strategies, promote renewable energy and address questions and
concerns surrounding wind, solar, and battery storage
- Participate in, and represent the company before local, state,
regional and federal organizations, agencies and officials.
- Aid in the development of regulatory, policy, stakeholder and
grassroots outreach strategy within the Eastern Region, taking into
account future development pipeline and strategic growth
- Integrate input from the Development, Communications,
Construction, Operations, Origination and other internal teams, to
formulate and articulate the company's positions on key
- Coordinate with external consultants, public relations firms,
lobbyists, trade associations, allied stakeholders, and others in
building support for the company's position with elected officials,
government staff, and other opinion leaders.
- Monitor traditional media, social media and policymaking
entities to track key policy and regulatory developments.
- Draft communications to key personnel, including executive
leadership, outlining the implications of proposed and current
legislation and regulations.
- Collaborate with internal teams to create and implement
grassroots community engagement efforts.
- Work with the Eastern Region Origination team on preparing for
Request for Proposals to highlight the benefits of our development
- Organize and participate in external events, including wind
farm tours, landowner/stakeholder events, wind farm open houses and
- Assists with editing, updating and creating fact sheets, email
newsletters, action alerts, press releases, letters to the editor,
and other advocacy-oriented materials.
- Contribute to building EDPR's customer relationship database,
by adding new contacts and updating existing contacts to maintain
regular communication with renewable energy supporters and other
stakeholders through our e-newsletter and other forms of
- Manage contracts with external consultants including processing
- Additional duties as required.
Direct reports: None
Travel: 25% - 50%
- Bachelor's degree in Energy/Environmental Policy/Law,
Communications, Public Relations, or a related field.
- 4+ years professional experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication,
Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise.
- Problem-solving ability in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation
- Ability to be self-motivated and to perform duties
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Demonstrated efficiency in managing multi-disciplinary
- Proven ability to learn new software programs
- Strong interest in renewable energy
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exemplary standards of integrity, honor, safety, management,
ethics, quality, and productivity
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or
more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English
proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in
written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 15 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions
furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety
precautions when necessary
Keywords: EDP Renovaveis, Indianapolis , Government Affairs Associate, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!