Carrier Excellence Leader
Company: Carrier Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job ID 30043465 City Indianapolis State Indiana Country United
United States of America
CAI23: Carrier-Indianapolis, IN 7310 W Morris St, Indianapolis,
IN, 46231 USA
Carrier is a world leader in HVAC, Refrigeration, Fire &
Security solutions. For over a century, we have been developing
innovative products and services that have changed the way people
live and work. That drive for innovation continues today with a
renewed focus on creating solutions that will change the world for
the better. At Carrier, we see possibilities in everything.
Each day, the engineering team meets some of the most unique and
exciting global challenges. To maintain our role as a global
leader, we continue to seek talented, ambitious individuals to join
engineering. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are
looking for an opportunity to apply your technical expertise, then
we have a great opportunity for you. We seek an innovative,
data-driven, results-oriented team member to contribute to our
continued legacy of innovation and success.
Carrier Excellence is the continuous improvement aspect of the
Carrier Operating System applicable to all areas of the company,
including manufacturing, field/service/sales, engineering, and
business processes. Carrier Excellence is a comprehensive approach
to achieving higher levels of customer satisfaction and business
performance. The practice of Carrier Excellence brings together
proven tools, methodologies, human ingenuity, and leadership while
fostering a positive continuous improvement culture. Carrier
Excellence is customer-focused, data-driven, and process-oriented
to achieve results. In this role, the Carrier Excellence Leader
will partner with the Engineering organization in leading the
efforts to train Carrier Excellence methodologies, facilitate lean
events and be a focal point for productivity improvement
initiatives in Residential Engineering.
The candidate will have responsibility for the following in
addition to ad-hoc assignments as needed.
- Partnering with the Engineering organization and leading the
effort in capturing and driving continuous improvement efforts to
achieve Carrier Excellence.
- Implement the lean vision and strategy to identify, organize,
and quantify productivity initiatives defined by the Engineering
- Lead lean events, train, and encourage the organization in the
use of lean concepts and mentor people using lean tools.
- Develop action plans from lean events and drive the
implementation of lean processes across the Engineering
organization to obtain measurable improvements in efficiency,
performance, and productivity cost savings.
- Lead the organization of standard work implementation and
revisions as needed per improvement opportunities.
- Maintain Engineering metrics dashboard.
- Be a focal point to advance process maturity efforts.
- Organize and lead training for the QCPC turnbacks manager and
mentor reviews for continuous improvements.
- Drive, guide, and facilitate teams on RRCA/DIVE methods for
- Develop value stream maps for the platforms and eliminate
process waste through the implementation of lean techniques.
- Guide teams in developing and executing lean plans to reduce
inventory, testing time, and waste and to improve the product
- Promote Six Sigma/Lean integration utilizing the strength of
both methods to achieve business goals.
- Ensure quality process implementation through the use of
analytical process capability tools (DOEs and ProCert).
TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree w/10+ years of experience
- MA/MS degree w/5-8+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial
Engineering, Electrical Engineering or other related field
- This person will need to be dynamic, outgoing, and
self-motivated for this role
- Must be able to work with minimal direct guidance or direction
- Effective at leading change and influencing at all levels of
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to tailor communications to different audiences
- Organized with strong attention to detail while managing
- Proven ability to implement continuous improvements and
- Deep experience with current continuous process techniques,
including kaizen, value stream mapping, standard work, RRCA, and/or
other lean tools
- Strong computer skills required, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS
Project, and database extractions.
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships with
production employees, peers, and manufacturing management
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age
or any other federally protected class.
Job Applicant's Privacy Notice:
Click on this link to read the Job Applicant's Privacy
Keywords: Carrier Corporation, Indianapolis , Carrier Excellence Leader, Other , Indianapolis, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!