SHIFT: Day Job
Be a part of an extraordinary team working together to create
the future of health for our communities. At Anthem, Inc., it's a
powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating
greater access to care for our members, greater value for our
customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and
together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to have meaningful impact at
one of America's leading healthcare companies and an organization
recognized by Fortune as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For
Diversity Talent Scout
Location: Anthem's workplace of the future will be both physical
and virtual across a number of sites, ensuring access to top
talent. Ideally, this role will be based out of Indianapolis, IN;
Mason, OH; Atlanta, GA; or Norfolk, VA. But we will consider other
locations, so please apply!
Our Diversity Talent Scout is passionate about accelerating the
flow of diverse talent into Anthem's talent pipelines. We are
building the future! We maximize data and digital tools to increase
the velocity of our hiring process, while hunting the country for
the most diverse perspectives and skillsets. Together, we will
continue to advance the company's dedication of creating a
workplace known for its inclusive culture by bringing colleagues
into the organization who represent the communities where we live
Responsible for augmenting the inbound candidate pool for highly
specialized and complex jobs, the Diversity Talent Scout will
leverage multiple channels and strategies to bring the best talent
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Build and execute creative diversity sourcing strategies to
scout the best diverse talent for the Anthem team. This role will
be focused on one or more dimensions of diversity.
- Build candidate pipelines to support diverse representation at
all stages of the hiring process.
- Identify and build strong relationships with the thought
leaders and organizations that support and represent diverse
populations across the U.S.
- Develop and foster relationships by having strong understanding
of the specialized and complex jobs in order to develop talent
pools using CRM technologies
- Proactively reach passive candidates with "live" outreach
- Understand the unique challenges that individuals from diverse
communities experience through their job-seeking process.
- Continually educate the Anthem Talent Acquisition (TA) team on
the evolving needs of diverse candidates.
- Identify, engage, activate and nurture top talent through
traditional techniques and unconventional means and deliver a
diverse and qualified pool of candidates that reflect our
- Screens candidate resumes to submit to the recruiters.
- Collaborate with the manager and TA leadership to create
role-based sourcing strategy using all available sourcing
- Work with leadership to develop and execute digital sourcing
- Reviews and filters inbound resumes and screens candidates
against basic qualifications identifying suitable candidates to
provide to recruiters.
- May participate in intake meeting(s) with recruiters and hiring
- Engages in proactive sourcing to passive candidates.
- Continuously champion our inclusive hiring practices and help
drive our diversity sourcing initiatives
- Maintains candidate pools via CRM technologies.
- Curates talent communities and makes outreach on a defined
- Works with Sr Recruiters to align on creating talent
- Conducts labor market insights (e.g. LinkedIn Insights) to
- Responsible for mentoring, training, and providing assistance
to lower-level sources as necessary.
- Requires a BA degree; 3 plus years of talent acquisition
experience; or any combination of education and experience, which
would provide an equivalent background.
- In-depth knowledge or experience with at least one unique
dimension of diversity.
- Proven background in using innovative research & sourcing
strategies to identify and engage diverse talent
- Knowledge and understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
best practices in regard to talent attraction, sourcing, and
equitable candidate engagement.
- Previous experience building relationships across dimensions of
- Sales experience
- Experience in sourcing and qualifying candidates with highly
specialized skills required.
- Experience with creation of complex candidate sourcing strategy
and associate reporting tools required.
- Ability to interface with candidates in an engaging and
persuasive manner required.
- Experience with cognitive and AI technologies in talent
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine
- In-depth knowledge of the talent acquisition landscape in
health insurance industry
- Masters' degree
- Professional HR / TA Certification(s)
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that
include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and
incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining
agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability
benefits, 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, life insurance,
wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to
Work For, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired
Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020
America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more
about our company and apply, please visit us at
careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity
Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of
services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural
competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.