Shift Days: Monday- Friday, rotating weekends and holidays.
Shift Hours : 7:00 AM- 4:00 PM
R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue
cycle management services which transform and solve challenges
across health systems, hospitals and physician practices.
Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is a publicly-traded organization with
employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue,
so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our
priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and
each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we
complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly
driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash
flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient
The Care Coverage Counselor (CCC) will be responsible for
counseling patients or parties responsible for payment. The Care
Coverage Counselor will educate patients on their responsibilities
and potential options. The CCC is responsible for accurately and
compassionately explaining to the patient their financial
obligations during the financial counseling session. In addition,
the counselor must obtain any necessary pre-certifications or
authorizations and assist with any financing or third-party
In order to be successful in the role, the Care Coverage
Counselor must display a strong sense of patient care and attention
- Explain financial responsibilities for services received,
payment options and collection procedures to patients or parties
responsible for payment.
- Counsel patients regarding insurance benefits and recommend
alternative sources of payment and financial assistance when
- Contact insurance carriers or other sources and act as an
advocate for the patient.
- Initiate process for collecting prepays due and perform follow
up activity to insure maximum collection is achieved.
- Identify hospital, public and private financial assistance
programs for patients unable to meet their financial
- Work with Case Management, Clinical Staff, Medicaid Vendor, and
Family Independence Agency to assist patients and families in
completing assistance program applications and determine
eligibility and coverage.
- Notify manager, physician and servicing department of possible
delay of service for any elective, urgent admissions, procedures
and scheduled diagnostic testing which have not been approved prior
to the date of service.
- Maintain accurate documentation of pre-processing
- Provide assistance to uninsured patients and families in
completing and filing Medicaid or assistance program applications
with the appropriate agency.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years of credit, collection or financial counseling
- Working experience with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to communicate
effectively with patients and outside agencies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Positive, driven attitude with a willingness to go the extra
mile to help patients and the hospital achieve maximum
reimbursement from coverage sources
- Previous experience as a financial counselor with background in
medical terminology preferred
- Understanding of State and Federal assistance
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared
expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team
has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions,
collaboration and the freedom to explore professional
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute,
to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the
communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of
excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care.
We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive
benefits package including:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision & RX Coverage
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Time & Holidays
- 401K with Company Match
- Company-Paid Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability & Long-Term
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
R1 RCM Inc. ("the Company") is dedicated to the fundamentals of
equal employment opportunity. The Company's employment practices ,
including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment,
promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and
termination shall not be based on any person's age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Furthermore, the Company is dedicated to providing a workplace free
from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected
If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation
to complete any part of the job application process, please contact
us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.
To learn more, visit: R1RCM.com